“Inconsistent. ”

Pickle Barrel
Ranked #319 of 709 Restaurants in Brampton
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar, Delicatessen, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone: 905.458.4644 Hours of Operation: Sun - Thurs 9am - 11pmFri - Sat 9am - 12am Payment Methods: MC, Debit, AmEx, Cash, Diners Club, Visa Average Price: per person, excluding beveragesLunch: $8Dinner: $12 Catering / Banquet Hall: Limited Catering
Toronto, Canada
“Inconsistent. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Very hit and miss. I think the problem lies in the huge menu. After you have read war and peace your hunger is just gone. The menu is simply enormous and they regularly go out of stock as the supply chain demands on so many ingredients is too much. The menu im sure is a huge draw so the very reason why so many come ends up being the restaurants biggest problem. I will end as I like to with a positive, if it is in stock and your luck is in the food can be very good. It should be this good a lot more often. Consistency is what is needed.

Orangeville, Canada
“Great get together experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

My first experience at the Pickel Barrel was a meet up with a friend I hadn't seen in more then 10 years and I found that the staff were great, to 'look after us'. knowing that we had so much to talk about and catch up on. They made sure we had whatever we needed on a continuous basis without interrupting. They did not bug us to vacate the table after a set period of time, knowing that we expected to spend as much time as needed, unlike other popular restaurants where they let you know when they want you to vacate your table to resit others after a designated eating time. Food is wonderful with great selection from beef to fish to pasta specialties.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Good value and good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had been to this restaurant previously on the recommendation of family and since the hotel this time was next door, we went for a late breakfast. Excellent value and taste. The potatoes with the meal were like a muffin, very yummy.

Visited September 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Pickle Barrel is a consistent pleaser!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This restaurant is close to my workplace so I go about once every two or three weeks when I'm in an eating out mood.

Favourite classics like meat sandwiches and burgers are always good. The salads are filling and loaded with toppings.

They make the best dang mojito in town. But, make sure you ask for it to be rimmed in salt. It's better than the sugar.

The only downsides are that the service is typically slow and it takes a long time for servers to come around and tend to you or refill your drinks.

Also, the cost is quite high compared to other restaurants.

Menu options are endless with probably a hundred selections. Chef Ramsey would be horrified!

I will certainly go again because it's conveniently located close to my work. Otherwise, unless someone hasn't been and wants to try it, I probably wouldn't select it as my choice. I think that's only because I've been so much.

Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
Goodyear, Arizona
“Knock off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

A cheesecake factory knock off. The menu is very similar. The chicken parm was not that good. The pasta was over cooked, probably precooked and warmed for serving, cant say 100% but it was mushy and did not taste fresh. The same for the chicken itself, it had the taste and texture of a commercially breaded precooked product. The service was friendly but not the quickest. I would try it again but would try something else just because of the location to the hotel.

• Visited September 2013