“Very good food”
Review of Hockey Sushi - CLOSED

Hockey Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

In this particular area this is my favourite location for all you can eat Sushi. Service is average. Food quality is very good. Great lunch price.

There are newer reviews for Hockey Sushi

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been to a lot of Japanese restaurant, buffet or a la carte but I was really disappointed with this one, considering that it was a weekend dinner buffet, I was not satisfied with what they had to offer, sorry to say we were all very disappointed, food taste and presentation were so so ( sashimi cut into almost like small cubes) grilled food are all dry and overcooked, service from crew ?, needs more improvement in all aspects. Ambiance is ok, but men's washroom is not impressive also, don't know about the ladies, because I did not get the chance to see it. With the price they charged for a weekend dinner $22/head, I suggest that you spend your money in a different Japanese restaurant, same price but food and service is a lot better.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was so disappointed in this restaurant. I think the chef or the person-in-charge has a different interpretation of the Japanese food.
For example
1. I ordered TERIYAKI salmon neck and salmon belly but they served me 2 deep fried salmon.
2.When I ordered Sanma SHIOYAKI. I specified told the waitress the SHIOYAKI should be grilled with salt not deep fried. Finally they me gave a pan fried (I guess) with "sauce", not dry & with salt.
3. The snapper sushi was not snapper. It was tilapia. I wonder the snapper is out of stock or what.....?!
I came last Saturday afternoon at around 1:00, half of the tables were empty!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I dropped into hockey sushi for a late dinner. The service was quick and efficient. When the food arrived shortly after my arrival, the presentation and taste was excellent. For under $14 I got a rather large plate of sushi. Overall a great value and experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have gone to this Sushi restaurant a few times now so I thought I would recommend it. Much better than those other all you can eat Sushi buffets in Brampton or Mississauga. They serve more than just Sushi and Sashimi. Everything is fresh! Teriyaki beef skewers, chicken slices. I recommend the curried chicken slices. Lots of Variety.