“50/50 : Mixed feelings...”

Motel 6 Toronto Brampton
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I just needed a "no frills" motel just to lay our heads and shower for 3 nights. We decided Motel 6 because of the location and the price. We wanted to spend most of our money on the rest of our excursion---

Negatives:
Dirty and slow elevator
Killed a spider crawing up the wall (no big deal)
Smelled smoke in a non-smoking room (it happens sometimes)
Dorm-like room (bed, desk, chair, tv, bathroom)
No closet
Hole in the comforter
Pillows (inside the pillowcase) were filthy (we doubled up the pillowcases)
Black hair all over the floor (my hair is brown)
You could always hear people in the hallway (it happens sometimes)
There was no iron in the room (had to go to the front desk for it - one night, it was borrowed by a guest and never brought back)
Housekeepers were a bit rude

Positives
The Customer Service was friendly
The nightly rates were affordable (but doesnt mean better)
The lights in the room worked
They provided clean towels and soap (no shampoo or lotion)
We always had hot water
The bathroom was somewhat clean and the tub was spacious
The T.V. worked
The ice machine and vending machine works
No Continental breakfast, just coffee

Final Statement:
If you just need a place to lay your head at night for a low price, this is just for you. If you need a place to feel like the comfort of your home, this place is not for you. Do yourself a favour and spend the extra $15-$20 a night if you want a little more comfort (however its never guaranteed). As for us, Motel 6 will never see us again, unless this hotel does a serious upgrade like the Winston Churchill location...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Torsha C

Reviewed September 26, 2011

With this place you get what you pay for. I had missed my flight and needed an extra day so I compromised for this place. Its only about 15 mins from Pearson airport. The room was ok, not the cleanest but not the worst place to stay either. If you're in a bind then this place isn't so bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the right of the main lobby. That side seems to have less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were staying in the motel for a wedding and stopped to rest before the reception. Something sharp was sticking out of the bed, and when we investigated, there was an open set of nail clippers between the blankets and sheets. Clearly, no one had attempted to clean the sheets between customers. When we complained, it took too much work for us to get a new room (they offered to have someone come up and remove the nail clippers and seemed surprised when that wasn't good enough).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank zabetty
Reviewed September 19, 2010

In the first room I was in, there were black hairs on the sheets, floor (no carpet, the fake wood stick-on stuff), sink, and table. In the second room it was even worse. In the third room, the bed was clean, but later I realized there was a ton of hair on the floor of the bathroom. In two of the three rooms, the alarm clock was unplugged, so I had to set the time. There was nothing good about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank supertramp87
shukoor154982, General Manager at Motel 6 Toronto Brampton, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

Dear Sir,

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor quality experienced at our property in brampton and can assure you that this particular problem was adressed with our staff members; I'd like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and hope to welcome you back in one of our properties in Canada and in the USA.

Best Regards

B.Shukoor
GM-Motel 6

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Let's just start this off by saying that I've stayed at Motel 6's in the U.S. and was less than impressed with them, so I made sure to look at a room first to see what I was getting. It was better than the U.S. locations that I've stayed at. I live in the Downtown Toronto area and did not want to be around for any of the G20 protests/riots. The room was clean, the staff was friendly. What more can I say?
As I was waiting to check in I heard people asking for fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, etc... It's not a 5star hotel, its a basic economy hotel. If you want all that in a room, go to the other hotels around them and pay $150+/night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rozon
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Reading some of the other reviews I was cautious about staying at this hotel. I did however take notice of the age of some of the reviews & decided to take my chances. I'm glad I did.
I travel alone at times, & was glad to see a "per person" charge. All other hotels charge you double occupancy even if its just you in the room. I have a pet, & was happy to not be charged a fee for it as all other hotels do. The Lobby area was clean. The only time I smelled smoke is when someone was holding open the glass door to the smoking side of the building (they should go all non smoking). The front desk clerk was very friendly. She was a great help with directions & using public transit. The room was small, but it was really all I needed. The soap in the washroom was the same soap you'd get at any economy hotel. No shampoo in the room is a Motel 6 thing I think, as the Niagara falls location didn't have any in the room either. I bring my own soaps, as I do not like hotel soaps/shampoos. I had no problems with towels. I think 2 hand towels, 2 bath towels & 2 face cloths are pleanty for 1 person. I was lucky enough to get a small fridge, that they did not charge a fee for. Most Motel 6's do not have fridges. The sheets were clean, they looked like they were new actually. The comforter on the bed looks like its for a kids room. I'm not sure who came up with that design concept, but they should really think about changing the comforters out for something a little more adult. I did not mind the laminate floors, I prefer carpet, but I do think the laminate must be a cleaner option than carpet.
Talking to the girl at the front desk I found out that the complaints made about the manager were about a past manager. The check in age is 21 years old, & they do not allow unregistered guests into rooms past 10pm. It sounds harsh, but with the way some people act these days, I can see why they've adopted these policies.
You do not NEED a credit card to book a room, you pay when you check in, the rate is not too bad, the rooms are bright, & it is clean. It's kind of like staying at a friends house, only you don't have to be woken up by their dog or kids running in your room, or them checking to see if you are awake. For what I needed it for. If you want 5star, go to a 5star hotel. If you want economy, go to an economy hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank tealeef
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Never have I ever stayed in a Motel this bad, after this will probably never stay at any Motel 6 anywhere in the world. Starting at the front door the place stinks, literally. Front desk personal should take a course in customer service...or English!.
The room looks like a dorm room, cheap click laminate flooring, bar fridge and "kitchen chairs" from Salvation Army thrift shop I'm sure. The bed spread was something that might be interesting if it was in a 6 year old's bedroom. Blankets, sheets and pillows obviously are the originals...or from Salvation Army too. Seriously Motel 6 is a big enough chain to be able to get new sheets and pillows, curious to know at what point they actually do get new ones.
Don't bother opening the dirty window if you're on the highway side unless you want to be up all night listening to the trucks stopping as they come off the highway.
The bed, let me put it this way, if the floor was carpeted it would have been more comfortable then the mattress if you could call it a mattress. The 4 hand towels and 2 mini bars of soap in the washroom where hardly worth the effort maybe they should save the money and put up a sign with "bring your own soap so we can invest the money into better pillows" would help explain the lack of proper essentials you expect at even the cheapest chain motels. The pillows, were not much thicker than the hand towels from the bathroom. Oh and call the front desk for more towels and pillows and get a response of "come get them we don't have room service".!!
OK, so the price is low in comparison with the rest of the places around but the price is way too high for this place. Should be advertised as a hostel for world backpackers.
Wondering if this place is on the verge of bankruptcy???

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple