“love at first bite”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Trio Ristorante
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: new casual fine dining restaurant downtown Brampton
Toronto, Canada
“love at first bite”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I first came across the head of trio when he was working for cafe du lac. With every visit I felt more and more impressed with the surprisingly young chef. I had gone back in July and was told that he didn't work there anymore. I had asked the server if they knew what happened and the server informed that the chef whose name was Hudson Bernard was now the head chef at Trio. Now when it came time to go to a Brampton with my clients whom also used to frequent cafe du lac, I immediately ensured that our dinner would be at Trio. The food was mouthwatering and lip smacking good. The chicken was moist and succulent and had flavors strewn through every bite- a great indicator of a well marinade. I did read the reviews and am quite shocked at the amount of negative comments. To say my evening was pleasurable would be an understatement. The food was great, and the ambience and decor just were the cherry on top. The service was great. Our waiter was witty and quick. I can't find one bad thing to say and neither did my clients. I’ll definitely be returning next time I’m in Brampton :)

• Visited December 2011
5 Thank Persephone A

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Was not welcomed into your restaurant”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Arrived there on Wednesday, Nov. 31st at 4 p.m. Waited several minutes before we where approached. Was asked if this was out first time there and then asked if we had reservations? (now remember, this is at 4 p.m. in the afternoon) The person that approached us said that they were very busy (mind, we didn't see a sole in the restaurant) and reservations were required but she would check (I guess to see she could sit us at one of their empty tables) I thought for a minute she was joking but NO according to the group I was with (5 in total) she was not. We left and never plan on returning and hopefully nore will any of our friends. In today's economy being a snob in an restaurant will not get you too far. By the way, after a very nice dinner at an establishment close by we walked back to get our car and checked out Trio Ristorante to see how busy they had become.. Two tables had customers. Good luck Trio!!
Daphne Wakely

Visited November 2011
3 Thank Daphne W
Hamilton, Canada
“Not What I Expected”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We went for a family night out, we had heard nothing but good reviews about this restaurant..... But won't be back, service was slow for no reason, as they were not busy and food took too long to get to us and once we got it, it wasn't hot enough.

2 Thank Claudia2001
Acton, Ontario
“Trio Terrific”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Recently enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Trio prior to attending the Rose Theatre. Food was cooked perfectly, service was amazing and the owner is an absolute gem. Would not hesitate to return.

3 Thank travelqueen26
Toronto
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

This is a nice addition to downtown Brampton. This is not the first time this location has been a restaurant, but I think this one is a hit. The prices were reasonable. We tried the Vegetable Fusili & Fagioli pasta and the Veal Piccata, both were delicious. We laughed as the owner came by to say how proud he was that we cleaned out plates so well. The deserts were only okay. The Crème Brule was not caramelized long enough and the Tiramisu was soggy. Service was friendly but a little slow as we waited a long time to put in our order and for the food. It was a busy night with a couple parties going on, so I won't hold it against them. I also visited the restroom which was spacious and well taken care of. If you read this, don't forget to add the desert list to the menu on your website. I enjoyed the experience and will likely return to try the lamb.

3 Thank Mortaric