“3rd time. Never again.”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Brampton
“3rd time. Never again.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My last review for this hotel was written in January 2012. The manager responded and said that the problems I noted (dirty rooms) were being addressed. It's been a little over a year and ITS GOTTEN WORSE.
I WILL NEVER stay here again.
Dirty shower - soap scum from previous guest and food (I hope) around the drain.
Food particles under the mattress pad (how does that even happen?)
Dirty night side table.
I am attaching pictures this time.
I am also a platinum (on my way to diamond) member of Choice Hotels and will be sending along a complaint to them.
I'll forgo my membership benefits next time I'm in brampton and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank jeffrq
Sandy D, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We have recently taken over this property and understand that many changes need to be made. I felt horrible hearing about the horrific stay you experienced, and would like to assure you that we have addressed all the issues that you mentioned.

We are currently under renovations, which include both room and entire property lifts. It is sad to say that the previous management / owners had no care for the property and as such we have entered in a slight state of a mess.
We assure we are working hard and diligently to make our property up to Choice standards.

I do appreciate you taking the time to voice your opinion as it is through feedback such as yours that enables us to better understand the changes that need to be made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Scottburgh, South Africa
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was not impressed by the full garbage bin at the eating tables close to reception when we checked in, considering this hotel only serves breakfast and we checked in late evening, so this must have stood there all day.
Standards might be dropping, but above the ground floor it seems renovations are on-going.
Its very handy for lots of restaurants and shops a very short stroll away.
Quite close to the airport as well.

Room Tip: Seems that non-smoking rooms are better and cleaner than smoking rooms, which smell horrible when wa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
kelowna,bc
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were sent to this hotel by our airline due to missing our connecting flight at Pearson. OMG, it was the filthiest hotel I have ever seen!! I checked the bed for critters (I didn't find any) but couldn't sleep because of the disgusting smell and the general creepiness of the place. Breakfast was store bought muffins, lousy coffee and fruit. Do not stay here even if you are desperate!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms at all costs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pattiv57
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Allow me to preface this review by stating that I am completely a no-frills budget traveller. I have stayed in MANY budget hotels and hostels, and in non of which have I ever seen a room that even came close to the level of grossness I experienced at this hotel.

My party was sent to the Comfort Inn Brampton by the airline we were flying after our flight was delayed, causing us to miss our connection thus necessitating a night in Toronto... well...Brampton.

We were greeted by a lobby that smelled liked a smoker's basement. We requested 2 beds (3 of us in party) and non smoking (asthmatics). We were given room 162. Oh boy... it's about to get interesting.

Walking in to the room, it smelled of smoke and funky cheese. Strongly. There was an ashtray sitting on the nightstand... curious decor for a non smoking room. Also on the night stand was what my boyfriend enthusiastically thought was a fog machine - but nope, it was the ozonator. Which can be very harmful if ran while people are in the room.

I checked the bed for bedbugs, it seemed clean, so we settled in. Then i looked to my left and noticed buckshot. IN THE WALL. Seriously. Someone was shooting GUNS in this room?

I asked my boyfriend to please lock the door - at which point we nearly died laughing due to the obvious ineptitute of whomever installed the lock. It was installed in such a way that it was completely non functional (see pics). I guess you don't need a lock when you have a gun, right?

I was trying to plug in my phone when I stepped in a wet spot on the carpet. Curiousity prevailing, I touched the carpet and smelled my hand. IT SMELLED LIKE URINE. Strongly. Disgusted, I went to the bathroom to wash my hand. Which is when I noticed "hairs" (to put it nicely) all over the bathroom. The tub was FILTHY - as though someone had dumped dirty mop water down it & not cleaned it after.

Then there was the snot smeared across the mirror. Ok, to be fair, it might have been another bodily fluid, but for my sanity I need to believe it was snot. A LOT of snot. This was the point at which I asked my boyfriend if he could see if we were able to switch rooms.

The night auditor moved us upstairs to room 205. World of difference! The upstairs still had a funky smell (this was more "hamster cage" than "smoke and cheese") but our room didn't smell. AND IT WAS CLEAN. And the beds were really comfy. And - WAIT FOR IT - THERE WERE NO BULLETS IN THE WALLS. And no questionable fluids on the mirror.

Had we originally given this room, I would have rated this hotel three stars and only found the smells off-putting. I have to assume, since room 162 was disgusting to almost comical proportions, that we were either on Punk'd OR the maid had seen what she was supposed to clean, given up on life & gone to drink whiskey in the janitorial closet. Either option seems plausible to me... Except there was a distinct lack of Ashton Kutcher.

Cautionary tale, friends - beware of room 162! Unless maybe it was some kind of redneck theme room... The buckshot really added to the ambiance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Megan K
Oshawa
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ive stayed at the Comfort Inn Brampton a few times and have always had a great experience. The hotel is located in a nice quiet area but its handy as its just minutes from my favorite live entertainment venue on the same street. The staff at Comfort Inn is always very calm and attentive. The first time I booked in it was really good except the carpet was a little worn but the next time they had re done the carpet in many rooms and the new manager tells me they are going to do a complete facelift of the hotel including knocking out walls and creating a bigger more plush lobby.

My favorite band "Teenage Head" is playing Spot 1 on November 16 and Ive already booked my hotel room at Comfort Inn. Keep up the good work, I will let all my friends know about your nice, quiet, and affordable hotel in Brampton.

Regards,
Tanya Richardson

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanya R
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stained chairs and filthy in the corners of the room, bed comfortable, constant huming sound could have been the laundry. Breakfast area to small, expensive, dubious quality, better around the corner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michigan, USA
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel was just okay. It is in desperate need of updating, but it was clean and fairly comfortable. The wi-fi wasn't working when I stayed and that's really my only complaint. There aren't any stairs, but it wasn't difficult to get around. It is very basic, there is nothing here that would stand out or be memorable. It was in a convenient location, though, and the parking was free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple