“Poor Service!!”
Review of Tandoori Flame

Tandoori Flame
Ranked #23 of 716 Restaurants in Brampton
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Indian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Poor Service!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We flew in from London, England to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday on Easter Sunday. We rented one of their party rooms and had high expectations. My compliments to the chef for delicious food but the bar service was atrocious. It was so slow I wish I had brought my own pint!
We helped clear the plates just so we could have room for dessert. After paying a rental fee to use the party room we expected better service. They were short staffed on Easter Sunday!

Come on Hamid "Let's raise the bar!"

2 Thank Londoncalling_13

• Turkish first
Burlington, Canada
“Very Bad Service”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

On Easter Sunday I, my brothers and sisters along with family, relatives and friends from Canada, US and England celebrated our dear mother's 80th Birthday in one of the reserved halls at Tandoori Flame for 40 people.
The food was delicious and we all enjoyed the lovely dishes. However we were only given one waiter for 40 people. Poor guy was overwhelmed with all the drink orders as he had to serve drinks all by himself. Many of our guests got their drinks after their first serving at the buffet. By the time we all got our drinks it was time for dessert. The dirty plates were piled up on the table as there was no one to clear the tables. We had to take the dirty plates out of our room ourselves. We could see all our guests looking around disappointed.
When we were leaving the party we heard comments from some of our guests that the service was very bad.
When we booked our party the management (Mr. Hamid and the owner's son) said it was going to be the long weekend and the restaurant would be busy. Since they knew over a month before our party they should have made sure that extra staff were at hand for our party room for which we paid a $75 rental fee. On the day of the party there was no management available to help us and to give us better service.
We were looking forward to impress our family and friends with this usually impressive restaurant but were very disappointed.
We were planning to have another Birthday Party in October but now are looking for another Restaurant. Nirwana Restaurant nearby might be our choice.

5 Thank 1europe
Toronto, Canada
“Have to change my initial review.....”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have to say that I'm really disappointed to have to write this because I used to love this place. The food was high quality and prepared well and the variety was what I really loved.

However.....hubby and I have been there quite a few times since my last review and at least the last five visits (yes, I gave it five visits before writing this) have been so disappointing.

I used to say that the pizza was the best I'd ever had anywhere and we were considering bringing our non-Indian-food-eating kids because we were sure they would love it. It was hot and full of cheese and had a unique taste that honestly, beat out the best pizza I'd had anywhere else.

It has been dry and cold, almost consistently on every visit. They take a long time to replace it, even when the platter is empty.

Now, understood, one doesn't specifically go to an Indian buffet for pizza; it's just that we noticed that it was quite good initially.

The cold salads used to be very good. Now they are just different pasta with the same sauces and seasonings.

I used to love the fish pakora. It was hot and a bit spicy and cooked to hold its juices.

Now it is cold and dry and blah (breading is a LOT like KFC) and they don't replenish it with fresh pieces when it is getting low.

The dessert table used to be lovely but now the selection is lacking and sometimes things look mushed and manhandled.

We often get water glasses and cutlery that are spotted and that was definitely not the case when we first started patronizing this restaurant.

What is still good are the vegetarian sides like palaak paneer and such but we do find that some dishes that, before, had a lot of taste now just have a lot of unnecessary heat. We are seasoned Indian foodies but it seems that dishes that are supposed to be mild have a certain amount of heat to them. It seems like the quality of the food and preparation has diminished.

It is generally quite busy and it is still the largest Indian buffet we have ever been to. I just wish they would go back to doing what they were doing before, whatever that is.

We considered our last visit our last visit. It's unfortunate but it doesn't make sense to pay buffet prices and be disappointed.

3 Thank Cuba422
“Bad Drink service”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This Easter weekend we had a party for 40 people in one of their reserved halls and paid a $75 rental fee in addition to the buffet price per person. The food was delicious and the selection was great. However the drink service was the worst ever. All our guests gave in their drink orders but as there was only one waiter assigned to our hall of 40 people, most of our guests got their drinks after we had finished our first plate of food which was very disappointing. Some of us went to the bar to get our drinks as we did did not want our drinks with dessert. We even had to take our used plates off our tables ourselves as they were piling up on the tables. and looked bad to our guests. We were very disappointed with the service and expected better for paying about $1300 for the party. There was no management in charge. It is very difficult to get in touch with Mr. Hameed (The Manager). I don't think we would ever have a party at this restaurant again unless you are having no drinks. Food is great.

15 Thank foodieCanada897
“Average!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

To be honest i love Indian food, but i have been to better Indian buffets, seeing it's located in Brampton! I prefer i more authentic experience, this place is very commercial but cheap!

Visited February 2013