“for the windows on the bay not for the asian food”
Review of Ramada Inn - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ramada Inn
Ottawa
“for the windows on the bay not for the asian food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was my first visit at the now travelodge hotel and to the windows restaurant and bar; first afternoon, I was sitting by myself in the lobby and wanted to go for a late afternoon drink, I checked out the bar...surprise , it's right in the middle of the family restaurant, a few bar-stools at the bar, so I decided to pass on that one. Later my husband and I decided to go for a meal, surprise again, the waitress was no where to be found (there were a few patrons sitting and already eating when we got there), it was open (almost 8PM), I went to check out the back of the restaurant in a closed section, a few of the waitress were standing there talking, not seeing what was going on up-front. I politely let them know that we would like a table for two and that it was our fist time here (in town and in that establishement). The service was good after that, the waitress was very polite and fast on the serving the meal, etc.) The price are reasonable in general, except maybe for the wine (it was not listed on the menu and I didn't ask) 8$ for a shooter of house wine. Now the meal, I really enjoy spicy (extra spicy food) and I was very happy to nocitced that they have spicy Szechuan noodles on the menu, that's what I ordered; the veggies were delicious, cooked to the perfection (crunchy), the chicken was thin and well cooked, but for the spicy...forget it, it was as sweet as sweet can be too sweet, and the noodles, well at one point I was laughing, I thought I had some cheese in my plate...so it was over cooked, felt like a tv-dinner (micro-wave plate). so , I loved the veggies!

I am going back tonight, will try something else! They have an ok menu, so I guess they will pass the test on something else; the atmosphere is wonderful , so I will return and I would recommand!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank LineBoutinActress

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Valentine's Day Joy”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went to celebrate Valentine's Day and found the atmosphere to be perfect. We had a wonderful meal and the steak was so tender and tasty. It was a perfect meal to a perfect evening.

Visited February 2013
Trenton, Canada
“Nice”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Ramada Inn is a very nice spot to stay. It is clean and the staff is very friendly. The grounds surrounding the Inn are kept very nice.

Visited June 2012
Brighton, Canada
“under new management”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

use to be the place to go years ago. We had a family get together there and the food was good. Had a meeting there and the food was very average. I will give it another try maybe this fall but not is a huge rush to go back
As for the rooms they are average Ramada clean and did the job

Visited November 2011
Salalah, Oman
“Best buffet in Belleville”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I think this is now under new management by the Travelodge chain. But the buffet is still awesome - excellent roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. I have not stayed overnight, just eaten here. Good location, close to dt Belleville and the bridge to Prince Edward county.

Visited July 2011