“Best Lunch Ever!”

Ranked #6 of 197 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Linguine's Italian Restaurant has been serving the Belleville & Quinte area for over 25 years, With the help of committed & loyal staff, Linguine's has won Readers Choice Awards for favorite Italian Restaurant, and have sponsored the City of Belleville and numerous Civic Organizations.
Belleville, Canada
“Best Lunch Ever!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Linguine's for lunch on a whim and it was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced.

My husband had a seafood penne pasta in a lemon cream sauce with red peppers, huge shrimp...it looked absolutely delicious when it came. It came with soup or salad and he decided on the soup of the day which was sort of a gumbo with sausage and peppers, rice, etc. My husband said it was as good as any homemade soups I make (high praise coming from him) and best he's had in a restaurant.

I decided on the roast beef sandwich with a cream horseradish sauce and a side of Caesar salad. The Caesar was hands down the best Caesar I've had in years and the sandwich was delicious (and enormous).

Lots of selection for drinks and we also shared a basket of warm bread with dipping oil ...sooo good. Nice and crusty, which I love.

The visual presentation of both of our lunch selection was lovely and appetizing, and each was a huge portion of food (I have enough of my sandwich leftover to have for dinner tonight!).

We also shared a coffee flavoured Tiramisu for dessert - Yum!

The atmosphere was lovely and romantic. Beautiful decor (the chandeliers are gorgeous!), quiet with beautiful table linens. The service was excellent. Friendly, prompt but not intrusive.

We will definitely be back, both for lunch again as well as dinner. Now I'm dying to try their steak and lobster!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LongDogMom

Belleville, Canada
“What a wonderful restaurant!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The meals are fairly expensive at Linguine's, but the quality of the food, service and atmosphere make it worth while. Authentic Italian fare served with a flourish and a smile.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank crossesfour
Sacramento, California, United States
“Like it! First visit to Belleville! BEST FOOD! AWESOME SERVICE!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a great experience with the service and the people there at this family owned restaurant. The seafood is great! Pasta dishes are even better! Ask the Owner for his recommendation and he will offer you a unique meal. I recommend this to my family, friends, and people I work with.
I have posted my meals on Twitter, Facebook, and this site.

"Il posto migliore sulla terra." Gracias por todo!

Saludos a Mike and Staff!!!!

Your pal,

---Sal

• Visited September 2013
Toronto
“Italian Classic?”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This year in July we stopped at one of Belleville’s Front streets, the one at the historic downtown. It was a beautiful sunny afternoon. Unsuspecting we assumed that Tuesday is not any lesser than any other weekday for an urban outing and that 6 p.m. will work well for finding a place to eat out. Presentable L'Auberge de France was open, but unfortunately for us their restaurant was closed at the location for the rest of the week due to a private function elsewhere.

Soon we made a discovery that entire Belleville’s downtown core is largely uninhabited at this hour, so we made our way back to the car and started looking for people. We found them at the other Front street, more to the north, were the Linguine’s Italian Restaurant welcomed and seated all four of us. No, they don’t have children’s menu but some junk food was suggested by a waiter as a replacement. Ok with that. They offer a long wine list, mostly with local Prince Edward County wineries’ products, but when I asked for a classic Italian Chianti which I thought is a "mast have" in any Italian eatery, no – they don’t have one and the closest they have to Chianti is some Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon. Yes, that raised my eye brow too. But ok, this will not spoil our evening, and I decided to have a glass of the suggested replacement.

Our orders were quickly and courteously accepted and soon two salads for two adults arrived. Children were eagerly waiting for their junk food. We happily finished our salads and… started to wait for the main course. The pause was getting awkward. It took entire 40 minutes for our main course meal to arrive – that is from the time we finished our salads. Frustrated children had fallen asleep on our laps without seeing their French fries. When our food finally arrived, two of us ate without looking at each other. All right, I thought, that is completely my fault: I don’t know a word in Italian. Wait, I do: Ciao!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CanadianBubbleGum
Milton, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I ate here with my parents and husband and we were all very unhappy with our food. We are used to much higher quality Italian food in the restaurants in the GTA. The food took well over an hour to come out and no explanation or apology was ever given to us as to why. We watched people (a family of 8) who came at least 30 mins after us, eat before us and leave as our meals came out. The pasta was overcooked and mushy, the veal limone was in a much heavier cream sauce than is traditional and the food was all lacking in flavour. Sorry to say this, as I have never said this before in a review, but I would not recommend this restaurant or go back again.

• Visited August 2013