“Not Impressed”

Ranked #3 of 200 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Linguine's Italian Restaurant has been serving the Belleville & Quinte area for over 25 years, With the help of committed & loyal staff, Linguine's has won Readers Choice Awards for favorite Italian Restaurant, and have sponsored the City of Belleville and numerous Civic Organizations.
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We' d previously dined here in the past and enjoyed the food. Never wrote a review but decided that it was time for one after this visit.
The venue is quite tightly packed and the faux decor is overwhelming and crowded.
I've definitely had better French Onion Soup. The cutlet was the thickness of a piece of cardboard with tasteless breading. The pasta in the sidedish was undercooked. As both the cutlet and pasta had sauce, the amount could have been reduced.
When the bill came, the ink on it was very faint and, with the lighting very hard to read and verify. It was only after getting home that I noticed an entry that I should have questioned but didn't couldn't see.
On an upside, the service was very good.
Will have to seriously consider whether or not to return.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

I've been traveling to Belleville lately and on ever trip I make sure to stop at Linguines. Service from the owner and his staff was amazing. Love Calimari sauce and the special was ok...a three pasta dish. Really good Alfredo sauce. Wasn't a big fan of the tomato and meat. Huge portions!

1  Thank BootStrap8707
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Huge portion size...seafood was good...waiter was good...quality of food was first class and freshly made...

1  Thank BootStrap8707
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I went here with my partner and we enjoyed our meal. Initially the service was a bit slow but after the waitress has attended to some tables that were paying their bills, she was very attentive and helpful and was quick to bring our food out. Our soups and salads were great as were our main course pasta's. The freshness of the ingredients used in the salad was very evident. We were disappointed with the deserts though. We had a New York cheese cake and Tiramisu. They were "OK" but tasted like they came pre-made from a restaurant supplier or COSTCO.

1  Thank sparkenwood
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I found this restaurants decor to be a little overwhelming. The mirrors would have been enough without the ivy/vines all around. However, the owner was very welcoming, the food was tasty and the portions are larger than they should be. The mussels in tomatoe sauce were tasty and extra garlicy. The fried calamari rings were overcooked and quite tough. We shared the lemon chicken and veal w/ mushrooms. Both were tender and very tasty, just a bit too much sauce. The rigatoni side dish was drier and could have used more sauce, but the roasted zucchini and potatoes were great. I would have liked more than the 2 choices of house wine/glass. Too full for dessert. One of the coffee cups had lipstick on it, which was replaced and not charged on our bill. To be fair, I would probably go again to try different dishes.

1  Thank auntie17