“What happened to Swiss Chalet food”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 197 Restaurants in Belleville
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I visited the renovated Swiss Chalet and was very disappointed in the food. It does not taste anything like it used to. My chicken had very little flavor with no crisp barbecued skin. The skin was soft. The fries were soggy. Service was quick by a pleasant waitress and the new decor was very nice; however food is the most important item!

There are newer reviews for Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill

Reviewed May 31, 2014

A friend and I visited the newly renovated Swiss chalet in Belleville. The new decor has been pleasantly updated and has a more efficient seating plan. The service was terrific and the food fabulous as remembered. They have not changed the potatoes as a previous review had claimed. The chicken was great, the french fries wonderful as always and the salad was fresh and tasty! We tried the new offering of mini cinnamon filled donuts with powered sugar sprinkling and a side of caramel dipping sauce. It was really good! It was a pleasing lunch and we look forward to going back again for a meal that you can count on to be just what you are expecting!

1  Thank Dolores W
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I tried out the newly renovated Swiss Chalet and the decor was really impressive. It's very sleek and nicely styled. I don't like extremely bright restaurants so it was nice to visit a place that was well lighted but not too bright. It was a calm and relaxing atmosphere. The waitress was attentive and nice. She recommended a new addition to the menu (a fish sandwich) that was huge! I had to take half of the fish off the bun to be able to fit it in my mouth. It would have been good if it wasn't so greasy. There were pockets of grease throughout it between the batter and fish. I had to dissect it in order to sop up the grease trapped inside.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We pass thru Belleville once a year and have always enjoyed our stop at Swiss Chalet for lunch. However, this year on May 23rd 2014, when we stopped, what was once a bright cheery place is now a renovated dark gloomy spot. Where once the service was fast and waitresses were cheery and pleasant, now the service was poor, food was mediocre and the environment was depressing. We waited for a table, we waited to be served, we waited forever for our food, (one person got their food and was almost finished eating before the second person's food arrived only after hailing down a waitress to ask if or when it was coming), and we waited for our bill. The salad was not "fresh" and we were told that the salads are brought in, not prepared on site - what a shame! When we tried to pay our bill after another long wait, I hailed down three people who were going to get our waitress before she finally came. I asked if I couldn't pay at the counter and was informed that the waitresses must take the cash and she seemed too busy or inexperienced to be efficient. This was a most unpleasant experience and a dreadful disappointment after our previous years of enjoyment. This renovation is definitely not an improvement. We will never be going back to that Swiss Chalet!!!!!! And of course we will be relating our experience to all our family and friends.

1  Thank Betty B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Swiss Chalet has been closed since before Christmas 2013 or thereabouts. I have been by at least three time as my wife like the food but it is still closed, last check. I keep getting offers for different deals but I am not about to drive to the next closest Swiss Chalet just to get a small deal when there are places in Belleville that are just as good or better place to eat. In my opinion, I would think they could have built a new restaurant quicker.

1  Thank GarryFD