“Worst Breakfast Ever”

Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Worst Breakfast Ever”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After picking my daughter at the train station, i decided to take her out for a nice breakfast.We had read a few good reviews about Northway and decided to give it a try. The service was slow,employees hanging around the bar area talking to each other. The bacon was very cheap and tasetless and the homefries were grey , slimey and had a weird seasoning on them. The atmosphere was dark and dingy. Everything was low quality. I am hardly ever this annoyed that I would write a bad review, but this was the worst!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Shannon O

Ontario
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I like the decor, the food and the service. A very nice place to meet with friends and have a quiet meal. Nice service.

Belleville, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After a busy weekend we went to Northway Restaurant for dinner. The food is great and the price is reasonable. Good friendly service and the atmosphere is good. I would suggest this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank GarryFD
Trenton, Canada
“Not what it used to be. For regulars only.”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I used to be a regular patron of the Northway, and I always considered it one of the best in Belleville. If I wrote this review 5 years ago it would have been 5 stars..easily. Now I give it 3, and that's giving it an extra point just for the nostalgia.

5 years ago I moved to Trenton. Because of that I don't eat at the Northway nearly as frequently as I once did. And it appears since I no longer have that 'regular patron' status, my business is met with mediocre service and even worse food.

The food is no just slopped on the plate and rushed to my table without any care in the world. Any questions or concerns are met with a sneer and usually ignored. This is the exact polar opposite of what the service once was. Of course the regulars, people I once smiled at and carried on a conversation with, were treated like royalty. The staff here make it painfully obvious who the regulars are, and who isn't. We waited and waited for our meal, while the regulars next to us already got theirs, ate, had coffee, and were out the door by the time were served. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but it's pretty close to what actually happened.

I'll never go back. There are too many nicer restaurants in Belleville now, and the Northway seems to be content with just serving their regulars that they have no need to entice me or anyone else.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Stu P
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Food and Friendly Service!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We've been eating at Northway Restaurant ever since we began our annual visits to Belleville 8 years ago and we've not been disappointed yet! The service can be a tad slow due to the number of diners in the restaurant (it's usually quite packed with mostly regulars!) but everyone's quite friendly and when you get your food, it's delicious, hot and there's a lot of it on your plate! We usually end up taking some away with us because we can't finish our plates and it's too good to leave behind. The prices are quite reasonable for the homemade food and the quantity you receive. There are also 'kids eat free' nights! This is a great Greek/Canadian family restaurant that comes highly recommended from us!

Visited August 2012