“Surprised, has been putting off a visit”

Aji Sai Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 200 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We generally do not like buffets, especially when dealing with Sushi, however, we caved it and tried the Aji Sai two weeks ago.
We were surprised. Yes it is an all you can eat, but you actually order from a long listed menu.
Everything was prepared fresh and tasted fine. For a fast meal that is not highly expensive I would recommend this location. The only one recommendation I would have is that staff explain how to order a little more fully

1  Thank Helper_One

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is my second review for Aji Sai, the first was made in 2011 and I felt that it was good for the value.
I have been to many all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants since that review, including restaurants in Oshawa, Whitby, and Barrie, but Aji Sai in Belleville is still my #1.
The main reason is the sushi's fish to rice ratio. Many other restaurants have way too much rice and not enough fish, and since the sushi is the main reason I go to these reataurants, it is very important to me for it to be good. I also find that the soy sauce at this restaurant is the best (they are not all the same from restaurant to restaurant).
The maki at this restaurant is not the best I've had (far from it actually), but they have many varieties to choose from and it is not the worst I've had either. The main complaint is that the pieces are too large. I have to bite them in half and then the rest falls apart.
The quality of the fish varies, so it's best to order a small potrion first then decide which is the best for that day. I have never had a problem with the quality of the salmon, but I have with the butterfish. Some days the butterfish is prefectly white, blemishless, smooth, shiny and delicious. Other days, like the ones in my photo are soggy with brown spots and fishy.
The staff is o.k, they do make mistakes sometimes when bringing you your orders and they might not check your table enough, but there are ways to get around that. I've never had a problem when they brought the wrong order or forgot one. I just told them that it wasn't ours or asked them if we had anything still coming out from the kitchen. If you put a dirty plate at the end of your table or a completed sheet, someone will always come quickly to get it, so that's an easy way to get their attention. You have to talk quick though or they will just take it and leave. If we have finished an order and want another sheet, but the servers haven't stopped by in a while, then I just walk up to the front and take another sheet from the pile (no big deal).

Even with it's flaws Aji Sai is still my favourite all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant, mainly because of the quality of the salmon as it is my favourite thing on the menu, but also because they arn't skimpy with the fish.

My favourite menu items are: Salmon Sushi
California Rainbow Roll
General Chicken

1  Thank kleobee
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The service at Aji Sai in Belleville is horrible!! It is supposed to be an all you can eat restaurant but they charge you for anything you leave. Why would I pay more at an all you can eat restaurant? The restaurant is dirty and the service is horrible! I was told by a waiter that he didn't care if I ever come back! What??? So bad. Go to Toro Sushi it has much better service and may cost more but you get the quality you are paying for!

1  Thank Daisy8121
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When you visit this Aji Sai, you might leave thinking... Are the cheap prices really worth the terrible service? I hope you don't have allergies or any dislikes because most of the time they really don't care! They will bring you something you didn't order and not bring you what you did.

Often times I have received terrible servers. Have they no training in courtesy or respect? The servers will not smile, will barely make eye contact when you talk. It is as though they are doing you a favor by being there. They will not take care to get your order right, and they will ignore most complaints.

The food is alright. If you want cheap sushi, go here. There's no other upside from the few times I've been.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

OKAY GUYS - here it is.... Aji Sai deffinitly has some great stuff going on, but the question is, do they outweigh its flaws. WELLL in my opinion, although there are some awesome stuff going on at aji sai, the flaws in my point of view bring aji sai to mediocre at best. The waiters are awesome - and most of them are Asian, and we all know that screams excellence (A+ if you know what i mean), and the food they serve seems pretty great! However when you take food to go, now that's a whole new story my friends.... The food at the store may be great, but if you want take out food, DON'T EVEN BOTHER GUYS.... DON'T EVEN BOTHER. it gets stale and all nasty like within 24 hours, if you're gonna eat aji sai food, EAT IT THERE OR NOWHERE! as you can see, this unfortunate blemish (blunder if you will) has me quite upset because aji sai doesn't need to... - NEIGH DOESN'T DESERVE stale take out food! and netiher do you!

1  Thank Brandan R