“A Solid Sushi Joint”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have had both a long and pleasurable experience w/ Aji Sai. Going to one of the schools nearby, I have had occasion to visit frequently. In my opinion, the best part about the restaurant is its Lunch Time Buffet because it's very inexpensive and filling. The menu itself is extensive and provides a great selection to choose from.

Personally, I would recommend the sushi because at this place they make it right. The crunch of the sushi and the authentic Japanese flavours are very refreshing, especially if you're used to eating the refrigerated kind from Metro. Anyhow, I would caution first-timers to be careful of how much they order if they do plan to eat from the buffet. I say this because at this restaurant the policy charges you for any food you don't end up eating. Twice I've been in this situation where I've been too full to finish everything and both times I've had to shove the food into my friend's purse so we could get out free.

Overall, Aji Sai is a good experience and the staff are helpful as well. Bon Appetit!

There are newer reviews for Aji Sai Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant represents good value – especially if you go at lunch time. Though the lunch time menu selection seems to keep getting smaller over time. The sushi may not be the best you’ll ever have but it is competently prepared and tasty. Many of the various rolls are excellent. Generally, the squid tempura is well prepared with tender squid and a good dipping sauce. Service can be spotty. Your first order is often received as desired but subsequent orders are often shortened or forgotten. You need to be patient and follow up at times. Not really a sign of their culinary prowess, but do order a taste of the green tea and/or black sesame ice creams. Both are not standard fares in most oriental restaurants. At lunch, I find it hard to complain for the price.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Aji Sai has a very substantial variety of sushi, especially for a restaurant in a smaller sized city. The atmosphere and decor are very modern, clean and appealing. Sometimes it can take a little while to be served, but thats usually only when they are busy and the servers are ALWAYS friendly and polite. overall a very great value. a bit pricey, but no more so than any restaurant these days.

i would highly recommend Aji Sai. Lunch time is the most affordable and still a great selection.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The sushi is ALWAYS fantastic. As it does get busy, sometimes it takes longer to have your order brought round but its worth the wait. Servers have improved in the last year so I am happy to say there really isn't a reason not to go.
As for people who get upset about missing parts of their order or being brought someone elses dish. Who cares. The prices are amazing compared to what you get. So if you want 5 star service with 2 star pricing, this ain't the place for you. The waiters are lighthearted and will fix anything that is mistaken. It's too delish to let a few mix ups take you elsewhere.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We use to come here all of the time. But now the serivice is so poor. they mix up our dishes, don't bring us what we order ( I write down my order on a napkin cause I was so use to them making mistakes), and when we finally get someones attention to bring us a meal or refill our drinks, it takes FOREVER. I will never go here again. I travel to Trenton to Thai Sushi instead. Too bad. I have a family of 5.