“Good fare, pleasant staff, missing a few finer details”

The Boathouse Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 194 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Brampton, Canada
“Good fare, pleasant staff, missing a few finer details”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We visited The Boathouse on a Saturday night. They were fairly busy, but not completely full, so we were sat right away. They have a good menu with an assortment of seafood, steak, chicken, and other items. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a great view and boats coming and going while we dined. We both ordered the pan fried Basa - the smaller portion for my wife, and the larger portion for me. It was a good sized serving, and was seasoned nicely, but while the flavour was good, it wasn't anything to write home about, if you know what I mean. When our food came, we had to wait a few minutes for our server to bring cutlery, while we stared at our plates. A second glass of wine was never offered - we had to flag the server and ask. The greeter and server were both very pleasant and polite, though. Our two entrees and three glasses of wine came to $60. So, while I would probably go again for the atmosphere (and a "second chance"), it wasn't an amazing experience.

• Visited August 2012

Belleville, Canada
“Indifferent”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I work as a chef so I know I'm picky but I enjoy not cooking occasionally. I wanted to go to he Boathouse because it is Belleville's only waterfront restaurant. My husband ordered crab legs (the special) and when they came they were barely warm and of course the fries underneath were inedible. The manager noticed that we were not happy and asked if she could "warm" them up. Well microwaving was not preferable then our server explained it was because we were sitting outside? Well the inside of the restaurant was colder than where we were sitting. Also no finger bowl nor hand wipes after eating the crab so my husband cleaned his hands with the lemon in our water glasses. Our server was soo friendly she addressed as hon, love, lovey, honey! It is nice to have a friendly server but I don't need a new best friend. So we were disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank chefjanet8
Bancroft
“great fish and chips”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We met friends for lunch here and enjoyed a relaxing meal on the deck overlooking the harbour. Service was friendly and relaxed. The Boathouse is known for its fish and chips and did not disappoint. We plan to return soon.

• Visited July 2012
Belleville, Canada
“Great Halibut and chips.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Best place to go for seafood in the city. Only waterfront restaurant in Belleville. Good portions and quality but not cheap.

Visited March 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stopped here for lunch. Waitress was very friendly and gave us a nice table on the patio.
She brought out our drinks in no time and the entree followed shortly after. My husband had the shrimp cocktail and the shrimps were some of the largest we've ever seen! The fish and chips was delicious, the batter was very light and not greasy at all.
The waitress was knowledgeable about the area and suggested a few places to visit.
Would definately visit again.

• Visited June 2012