“Not bad”

Ranked #24 of 199 Restaurants in Belleville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The food is okay but the place is a bit too small for my taste. You definitely receive enough food for the money.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Most definitely an excellent steak house. Service was perfect. Very pricey!! What was lacking was atmosphere. This was our first time here so perhaps it was just a bad night to go. Once the place starting filling up it was impossible to carry on a dinner conversation. Admittedly the table beside us was too loud. Unfortunately, when you can't speak with someone across the table from you it diminishes the whole experience. I guess we'll have to give it another chance but considering it is an expensive restaurant (more than The Keg), it will be a while before we give it another shot.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a lovely dinner last night..... surf and turf which was excellent, rosemary potatoes and a nice vegetable medley cooked to perfection. The martini's were excellent and our waitress Tammy was so lovely. The only thing I would say was the table we were seated at was in a very busy area, so not quite as intimate, so I would request one in a different area next time.This was not my first time dining at this restaurant and it won't be my last.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

A group of 3 adults we decided to go here as a treat before Valentines Day.

Food- We ordered a bottle of wine to share and two of us had the specials and on the 2 lobster tail. Each meal was excellent. (The only thing that wasn't excellent enough to stuff ourselves with was the rice of the day- I don't fancy rice normally, but nor did I feel the need to eat it all as I was feeling quite full from my meal.) Portions were that of a fancier place but left us feeling very full.

The service was regular and great.

The atmosphere was clean, fresh and modern.

We will defiently be going back, they informed us that there is a minor fee to get the limo service to Trenton during the week- defiently going to use this service next time.

1  Thank bstoneman
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We went to Earl and Angelos on Friday January 25th 2013 prior to a show. I called the day before to get a reservation at 6:00pm only to be told they only had 5:45pm available? This seemed odd because if 5:45pm is available then just hold us that table till 6pm. Anyway we showed up at 5:50pm and the restaurant was only 25% full. We were seated right at the front window. It only took a minute to realize this was the worst table in the entire restaurant because there was a freezing cold draft coming in from beside the window right onto my back. It was minus 17 this day. I asked the waitress if there was another table since my back was completely frozen and was told there was a heater on the floor beside me for this situation. Only problem was the heater wasn't doing anything and I was still frozen. Also want to mention the table was wobbly as well which was extremely annoying.
Our waitress then moved us to another table right by where they cook the steaks. This table was wobbly too initially but thankfully our waitress Tammy noticed it was wobbly and corrected it for us immediately.
We ordered a Calamari app first and ti came out quite promptly. It was good, a little on the salty size but still good. I then received my caesar salad and it was very good, great flavour and texture. Our main entrees then arrived a while later. I had the special that night which was a filet wrapped in peppercorn bacon with some crab sauce dumped overtop with veggies and roasted potatoes. I asked for the steak medium rare and it came to me rare but it was still good. The crab sauce on top was also good although there was too much. My wife ordered the glazed chicken breast and a rack of ribs. She said the chicken was so so, a regular chicken breast and her ribs were very good.
One thing that seemed weird, I would order a beer and instead of just leaving the bottle our waitress would poor it into a regular drinking glass. I would prefer it in a bottle but it didn't seem I had that option.
The table right behind us sat one of the owners and a friend. I couldn't help but to overhear the conversation as the owner spoke loud. He kept going on about how this was the best place in town to eat. He sounded rather arrogant and pompous.
Our initial perception of this place was negative because of the freezing cold draft at the first table which we noticed every time they sat someone there they complained and got moved as well so you would think they would stop seating people there because of the temperature but no they kept putting people there.
The food was good, didn't blow me away though. Not as good as the Keg thats for sure. there was nothing we had that I couldn't prepare myself at home and taste equally good. The whole point of going to a restaurant is to have food so good you couldn't possibly make it at home.
Our bill was $113 for 2 entrees, one app, 2 beer and one pop. Seems a little high for what we got and the atmosphere there.
Will I go back? Probably not, I needed to be blown away but definitely wasn't.
Tammy our waitress was top notch though and she was the saving grace of this meal.

2  Thank Michael C