“Superb stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Belleville”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belleville
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Belleville, Canada
“Superb stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Belleville”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The family (2 adults and 2 kids) and I stayed there for approximately one month while we waited to move into our house. (Jan 2013). We were extremely pleased with our stay at the hotel and the rooms provided. The staff were exceptional, always smiling, supportive and very accommodating to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The kids even received cookies at the front desk when they returned from school each day. Quite the hit! Breakfast and the cinnamon buns etc were wonderful to start the day. Hotel is extremely close and convenient to many restaurants and amenities. The pool and also the free high speed internet were enjoyed by the family. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay. They make you feel at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times on business over the last 12 months. Like all of the other times I was not disappointed with my stay. Since my last visit in the fall of 2012 the hotel is upgrading. They are re-carpeting the hallways. I was in a suite on the 3rd floor. The room was comfortable and clean. Upon my arrival the manager was working and welcomed me with a friendly thank for you staying with us. If you are travelling in the area I would recommend staying here. I have not been disappointed during any of my visits.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited this hotel on January 3, 2013. The room was very clean and in keeping with Holiday Inn standards. However, the breakfast is not properly monitored. The bread, the bagels and the english muffins were stale and some pieces had mold. Otherwise, a good place for the price point.

Room Tip: Book your room away from an elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As our son is currently studying at Loyalist college, we have had the opportunity to visit this and other hotels in Belleville several times.

Although I would only rank this hotel as a 3* establishment, I do believe the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites is the best option for this area.

The hotel is very conveniently located moments from the 401 and directly situated in the heart of Belleville’s shopping district, within walking distance to the Quinte Mall and a few eateries and bars.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, the mini-fridge and microwave supplied in the suites are much appreciated especially if spending more than a few days.

Reception and quite frankly all the staff we have encountered at this hotel have been exceptional…

After an exhausting five (5) hour drive across Toronto on the 401, it’s wonderful to be greeted with a welcoming warm smile and a very quick and efficient check-in.

The hotel itself is very well looked after, extremely clean, and functional.

As for the recreational facilities, I have to admit that I am not a fan…

The work-out room is barely adequate and I found the pool/hot tub way too small, especially when large groups of unsupervised kids take over the area (which has happened twice now).

Also, to call their “free breakfast” a buffet is a big stretch by anybody’s imagination. The free breakfast they offer is no more than a continental service with a few dried up pieces of frozen sausage and what I am convinced are powdered eggs, they also had a “pancake” machine which turns out the worst (and I do mean worst) pancakes I have ever had the misfortune of trying.

If you can live with coffee, yogurt, fruit and a danish, you will be fine, looking for something with more substance, there is a Denny’s up the road.

All in all, we have been satisfied with our visits to the Holiday Inn and would recommend this hotel for the business traveler or anybody looking for a basic, clean, friendly comfortable place to sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here in October for four nights. It seemed new clean and well kept. Not sure how old or new this hotel is, but the staff was friendly and the room was very clean. Yes I'd stay here again, but frankly are there any other options in town??? I do say that in jest, but as a world traveler, I shoot for chains that offer options across many states to maximize points earned for vacation redemption as well as status perks. So when searching the usual suspects this was the only one I could find.

The only odd issue I had was the depth of the closet, it was shorter than the hangers provided, so when you put stuff in the closet the had to be put in parallel to the hanger rod, to close the closet. Again a very minor minor issue, but who designs a hotel with such odd size closets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed at this facilty numerous times and have never had a bad experience. The hotel is clean and located close to the 401 and many resturants. The staff is friendly but professional and the staff in the breakfast area really do a good job in making one feel at home. The facility has an excellent workout area and a pool and also has an on-site laundry. If you are traveling to the area I highly suggest you stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our family recently stayed here for the weekend & appreciated all the amenities they had to offer. The children especially enjoyed the pool & the hot tub was relaxing for the adults. The breakfast had a great assortment of food items & was replenished frequently. The rooms were very spacious and kept very clean along with the bathroom. Overall a great overnight experience and would certainly recommend this hotel for anyone travelling or in need of a place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
#5 of 7 in Belleville
The Waring House
The Waring House
#2 of 5 in Picton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Belleville? Share your experiences!