“Good Food - If you ever get it!!”
Review of Polar Bear - CLOSED

Polar Bear
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Belleville, Canada
“Good Food - If you ever get it!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Just came back from this restaurant and I will NEVER go again. We loved the food at this location prior to it changing to Polar Bear so we thought we would try it. Food was good...when you got it that is. The servers didn't speak english so we couldn't ask any questions. Every time we ordered something on the form we would either not get it or only get one when we asked for 2. We also had to ask the servers several times for certain items and after asking 3 different people 2-3X we just stopped. All my son wanted was fries and we had to wait over 20 min, after asking 3 different people, 3X! By the time he had gotten his dinner my husband and I were finished and we had to ask for our dessert another 3X (and that's after several attempts at getting their attention bc when they would come to get our dishes or walk by they would just walk away and leave us stilling saying 'excuse me, excuse me, excu....nevermind'). For a $50 meal for 2 adults and a toddler this was a waste of money. I could have went somewhere else and paid the same amount and still have half a plate left over to take home. Never Again!

Visited March 2014

Picton, Canada
“Nice place very good food”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I really like this place, second time now. The food is great, I like their system. One price, order as much as you like, to avoid wasting there's a 2$ surcharge for every dish not finished. Staff is nice and efficient. What more could you want!

Visited February 2014
Belleville, Canada
“Long wait, terrible service - disappointed”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had gone to the polar bear previously and had a good experience, but I went again and was terribly disappointed. There were more customers and not enough servers, it took forever to have someone take our order. We had to grab our own plates and silverware from another table because they simply would not pay attention to us. They messed up our order, gave us a bunch of stuff we did not order or want, and missed a lot of our order and said the computer was messed up. The missing food was most of our kids order, by the end of it our kids were hungry, fussy. We didn't bothe waiting for dessert and just left. And on top of it, it was way too expensive. Too disappointed, won't be going there anymore

• Visited February 2014
Plainfield, Canada
“Awful food”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Awful all you can eat buffet food. Been here twice and it was awful both times, never again. All these 5 star reviews I look to be fake. Do not eat the sushi here, it is really bad and not fresh. You know something must be wrong with a place when every time you drive by there are little or no cars there.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dmatrix X
Belleville, Canada
“I gave only one star because of deceptive advertising”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have heard that this restaurant serves excellent food, and someday I might eat there. So why have I not tried their food? Because there is a sign outside advertising "Free all-you-can-eat Sushi" on Monday evenings. Sounds great, I love sushi.
However, when I went into the restaurant and said I was there for the free sushi, I was told that the special deal ended at Christmas. This was on February 3rd!
I complained politely, and asked for the manager, who explained that they had not gotten around to taking down the sign! I commented that they should do so, and then I left to go to another restaurant (there are lots of them in our city).
As of today, February 11th, the sign is still there.
My problem is that some people could be so embarrassed by this that they would stay anyway. What a sneaky way to get people through your doors!

Visited February 2014