“Best value, Great renovations made to improve rooms!!! Nice and friendly management!”
Review of Travelers Inn

Travelers Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Just stopped off the 401 on my way to Toronto and decided to take a rest and wanted a nice but cheap room. I found exactly what I was looking for rooms have all new carpet TVs, and etc. Rooms were Nicely renovated and management was very friendly and have made many improvements and plan for much more.
I enjoyed my stay very much and think many other people may also.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank ManVsWild

Reviewed December 31, 2010

The thoroughly spotted shirt of the owner who checked us in was a clear sign of things amiss here; the non-smoking room (#140) smelled of smoke; different room (#142) was no different; mattress had many holes, sheets were not clean, bathroom had been thoroughly abused and never fixed (broken ceramic cup-holder, rusted dent in the wall); in all, quite disgusting. We left and didn't stay, despite the non-refundable booking through Travelocity. Yukk.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EastCoastWanderer22
Reviewed May 6, 2010

We stayed in a KS n/s room. It was a n/s room. The decor is outdated, but the room overall was clean. The bed was comfortable. A front desk staff member by the name of "Carol" was extremely courteous and friendly. She was knowledgeable about the area and events going on and was able to direct us to them. A new manager has been put in place, along with some new staff we were told. The riff-raff that other guests complain about were not visible to us at all. The owners are doing a decent job of cleaning up the place and are going to continue new renovations to all of the rooms. I would recommend this motel to my friends and family and have already. I will stay again in July and October when I come to Belleville again to visit my family. A KS room was billed to me @ $75.00 plus tax for a Friday night stay. We were told if we stayed a second night the rate could be discounted further, but our plans did not include a 2nd night on this visit. Overall staying at Motel 5 in Belleville allowed us to stay on budget.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ManOnABudget
Reviewed April 14, 2010

After finding a lot of mens hair in bed and catching "maid" just scraping it off pillow and rude not knowledgable desk staff and very loud heater fan and wrond service at connecting resturant.... I left and went one block south to heaven....AVALON MOTEL was so much better and a few dollars cheaper!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank outspokenone
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel on the weekend and it was awful! It is March and we could not get the heat to work in the room. My friend slept with 5 layers of clothes on to keep warm! There were broken doors, holes in the wall and light switches hanging out of the wall. It also fails to mention that it is right beside a bar so we were unable to park on the same side of the building as our room and were kept up by the loud music, etc right next to us. It gave us the feel that it should be rented out by the hour not the night. I had a shower in the morning and there was only warm water at best and no water pressure. We asked for a room on the other side of the building and were told that was not possible. If we had have known we would have spent the extra $20 and stayed next door at a nice hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank sarfargrl
Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband and I have stayed here a couple of times in the past couple years while visiting family in Belleville, most recently in April 2009. The beds are clean and comfortable, the rooms are tidy, the staff is kind and the restaurant is decent. It's nothing fancy, but if you're just there a night or two and don't need all the extras (like a pool, or 24 hour room service), Motel 5 is just fine.

Reading some of the older posts on here, I wouldn't have recognized this hotel! The current owners (since 2007 or so) have done a lot to refresh the motel and make it comfortable, and there was no 'riff-raff' (ie drunk men hanging around all hours). I've never felt unsafe any time we've stayed. We will stay here again this coming October, and I'm sure many times after that.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TammyTraveller
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Economical for sure. We got a great deal for one night. The new owners are doing a little updating as they can. The room we were in was ok, not great, but to lay my head down is all I needed. I was treated pleasantly and with respect. The carpet needed cleaning. Overall the room was ok. The price was the best deal I could find in Belleville. It was $65.00 less than the Comfort Inn and allowed my budget to stay on track. I will return to this motel and I will recommend it to anyone who should ask where to stay in Belleville.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple