“Great spot for business lunches and after work beers!”
Review of dem Bones - CLOSED

dem Bones
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great food! If you have a chance try one of their amazing burgers, sweet potato fries, potato bacon soup or pulled pork poutine. Delish! Oh and the waitresses are super quick friendly and hot.

I frequently take our out of town customers there and the feedback from them has been 100% positive. Go for it!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

So delicious!! I had the Honey and Garlic with a cup of their soup of the day...also, delicious!!

Hunny had the Original burger (cheese,onions,bacon) with a side of fries. Burger was juicy and mouth watering!!

Kudos, to owners and staff!!

We'll be back, very soon!!

1  Thank JenniferMears
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just got back from eating at Dem Bones in Belleville. We had won a $40 gift certificate from the local radio station so our bill wasn't that bad what we had to pay yet I still felt ripped off. The restaurant is very grungy and dirty first of all. Our table had crumps still on it from last guest which is gross. I felt like we were being rushed here even though the restaurant is was 1/4 full. I ordered Smoke Prime Rib medium rare and it came out well done. Our wings we ordered had hair on 2 wings, no it wasn't chicken feathers but actual human hair. The wings were tasteless and overcooked and not enough sauce on them. My fries were edible, my wife's fries were missing in action as she never received them or the gravy she ordered. The coleslaw was gross mush. No wet naps for the wings which is ridiculous, one napkin is all we received. Only thing that was good was the beer but they couldn't screw that up as they don't make the beer. Won't return even if it was free. I can't imagine this place being there a year from now with this food.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Music was BLASTING out hard rock during lunch couldnt wait to leave even though food was great! Could never sit through that again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stopped en route to Ottawa and had a dreadful meal. The fries were oversalted, the chicken dry as bones and the ribs undistinguished. It was clear the food was not freshly prepped (except the fries).

We did not eat more than a few bites before I mentioned to the (pleasant) server that the chicken was dry. After a couple more bites and finding the chicken inedible I called over another server. After being offered 10% off our bill I ended up speaking to the manager (or owner) who basically indicated that our meal had been unacceptable and they were proud of their food, he had told the kitchen to dump whatever they had and start afresh and comped our meal.

Based on this I would certainly give this spot another chance, and indeed would make a point of stopping as the food seemed good value and certainly better than the standard Timmies stop on the highway.