“BEST BUFFET EVER”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Hibachi & Buffet
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: 613-969-8886http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Belleville/Hibachi-Buffet/7876283.html
Belleville, Canada
“BEST BUFFET EVER”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Really enjoyed the food here, the servers were pleasant. Enjoyed everything about it. Would come back n recommend to others

Toronto
“Going Downhill It Appears”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my second review of this establishment. My first review was not glowing with compliments but it basically stated that it was acceptable. This visit was somewhat less than pleasant and it appears as if things are heading south. The first time we were there, the air conditioning was quite low but we brushed it off and did not include it in the review. Now that we are in the cooler months, the heat is on and the place is too warm. Something should be done about it.

Now to the food. Same basics, but presentation is lacking, They need to attend to the pans more, stirring up the contents and ensuring fresh quantities are added more frequently. The signs identifying each dish were either non-existant or incorrect. The breading on the shrimp was dry indicating that it was some time after being prepared. A number of the foods were either lukewarm or even cold. The best thing about the food was the desserts which were abundant, varied and fresh.

The staff appeared to be indifferent and had to be asked for things. The buffet attendants' attire was low grade and one was even wearing a ball cap. Not the expected standard associated with even average Oriental buffets.

We will likely not return and will even pay more to go to the other buffets in the area where the experience is more pleasant.

Brighton, Canada
“not much of a Hibachi”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Where to start with this place gezzzzzz , first off , my wife and I went here with our neighbors for dinner , i was a little hesitant from reading other reviews on this site , but our neighbors wanted to go , so we gave it a try . Don't think my wife and I will be back , the place is loud , partly because of the ceilings being an open concept because the restaurant is located in a former dance club/ bar . There was no salad at all , fair amount of fruit , but i am not a fruit eater . All the hot items were not very hot , I think the hottest thing i ate was brussel sprouts , like any buffet there is allot of deep fried food. they have poutine on the buffet .... gross , gravy was watery, french fries tasted like they were cooked in the oven but just not long enough , chicken balls tasted like dough , pizza was cold and chewy and tasted frozen , the sushi was not labelled what kind it was and it tasted almost stale , didn't have a nice fresh taste to it . They are very slow at filling the choices back up when they are empty ,the stuffed mushrooms tasted like they were stuffed with something out of the bathroom , the desserts were just as bad as everything else , stale , dried out , no flavor , left a greasy feeling in your mouth.

All 4 of us ordered a ceasar to drink with our meal , it was the worse ceasar we have ever had , all of us didnt even finish it and when we told the server ( who by the way was the only upside to the place , she was very friendly and looked after us) she informed us they had a bartender on staff , but she got fired and the owner now does the bar drinks and he doesn't know how to make a ceasar and people have complained before about them , she said he got the directions off the internet , but still wasn't sure how to make them. There is a girl on staff that has bartending experience , but the owner will not allow her to make drinks.

I am still not sure where the Hibachi part of this place comes into play , they only thing I saw that looked grilled was shrimp skewers and paper thin T bone steaks that are chewy and gross.

All in all .... if Belleville had only 2 restaurants to choose from .... Mcdonalds or Hibachi Buffet .... I would choose mcdonalds , at least you know what you are getting and it will be somewhat tasty.

BELLEVILLE
“OK at times”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Since they have opened I have been here several times for lunch.
Just like most places they need to attend to the food more often and stir the food on a more constant basis.
They have a good selection of food and is better than most in the area.

Visited October 2012
Kingston, Canada
“OK if you like buffets”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is nothing really wrong with this place. However, nothing really hit me as especially unique. I'm not really one for buffets anyways, so take what I say with a grain of salt and try it yourself.

• Visited September 2012