“Paris in the middle of Belleville”

L'Auberge de France
Ranked #13 of 199 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A beautiful French Bistro located in downtown Belleville. Serving up deliciously crafted, French inspired lunches, dinners, and pastries. The Bistro also offers a selection of imported European gourmet culinary products and a beautifully displayed Cheese Shop. Just South of the 401, and just North of picturesque Prince Edward County.
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Belleville isn't exactly the cultural centre of anywhere, but this restaurant has got the charm of the Latin Quarter down to a science. The layout is very efficient; lunches and cafe patrons enjoy their meals in the front surrounded by great French products and fresh delicacies, while exceptional suppers are prepared in the more intimate seating area in the back. The desserts and the sandwiches are divine; this place is excellent and is one of only two places downtown Belleville I will eat!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

We picked up a croissant and a pound cake in the morning to check this place out. The croissant was like a stick of crunchy butter! In a good way! No need for extra butter on their croissants ... mmmmm.

We also dropped by for dinner, which was also good though the flavours were quite strong. Profiteroles for dessert were filled with ice cream and covered in chocolate sauce ... very yummy, but kind of like a McDonalds sundae.

It's a bit pricey, but I was not disappointed with the food.

1  Thank wilted
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I went here for lunch one time. It is kind of serve yourself. We both got sandwiches and the girl warmed them up for us. They were both very good. It is very small, not sure I would go for dinner.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

The lemon tarts were good. The rest was mediocre. Can't say it was worth the lofty price. Chinagate or the Italian restaurant (Paul's or Paolo's) down the street are much better - airier, roomier, CHEAPER and more pleasant. If you like fish try The Boathouse down on the waterfront. It's also very good and reasonable.

1  Thank juralov
Reviewed June 17, 2011

My wife and I went for lunch. I ordered roast beef sandwich and my wife had soup of the day that we ordered at the counter and then you go and sit and wait. Her soup came and I had to point out to the server were the rum was on the bar. No serviette or crackers with the soup. I got a second drink while still waiting for my lunch. My wife finished her soup I finished my drink. After almost 40 min. I got back in the line, asked for refund on my lunch, paid the balance and left hungry. Wrote a letter to owner and his reply was that people in Belleville were uneducated in good food and there are no compatant servers in Belleville.

3  Thank Craig M