“very old and decrepid” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Belleville
“very old and decrepid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

building is old and delapitated. The pool was rusted, and the chemicals were out of balance Slide not working

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank unhappyclient2014
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest;

I apologize that you were left with a negative impression from your visit. We have completed a number of upgrades in the hotel in the last two years which included new beds, new bedding an drapes and flat screen TVs in all the guest rooms. We will be replacing all of the desk chairs with new executive chairs this month. In June we will be hanging new vinyl in 70 guest rooms and refinishing the tubs.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again and experience some of these positive changes.

Gary Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I work in the travel industry and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

My two nights spent at the travelodge were extremely unpleasant. Firstly, the internet was down the entire time. (Odd considering the hotel is used as a business conference center). No compensation was made for this.

The room was extremely dated. The sheets were nappy, stained and had dark hairs on them. Bathtub had something growing on the bottom of it.

To make things even better the elevator was broken. I have stayed at at a few places in Belleville (Best Western and Holiday Inn Express). I would highly advise booking at one of these two hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sidney M
Dear Guest;

I sincerely apologsie that you had a negative stay with us! I have noted all of your concerns and will be reviewing with our team.

Gary Smith

Travelers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Brighton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I would love to give this hotel a good rating but I'm finding it tough. I've stayed here since the 70's when it was a Four Seasons. I don't think a penny has been spent here even through two ownership changes. It needs a top to bottom freshening up. Someone else commented on the desk clerk not being able to answer the phone as she was too busy. As a former hotel manager including some time with Four Seasons I can tell you if that phone was not answered by the third ring there would be some serious questions asked. The answer: hire more staff.
I had to change my reservation to arrive a day earlier and called the toll free number. A hardly understandable lady told me there was nothing available, still not sure she knew what I wanted. I called the hotel directly and got a very nice lady that got me fixed up in a friendly manner.
After arrival I couldn't get either of my devices to connect to the wifi, some rooms are better than others at some hotels but the desk clerk gave it a try with no luck. He did give me a toll free tech line number but I didn't bother with it. On my first morning I went out very early and on my return I asked the room attendant not to bother with my room as I was going to have a nap. Afterwards I let them know it was OK to clean it but never happened. I mentioned this at check-out and got a 'sorry'.
I will be spending some time in the Bellville area in the near future and it's looking like my 40 year relationship with this property is about to end.

Room Tip: Don't call the Travelodge toll free number to book a room, call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank barbaradave
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay with us. I apologsie that we did not meet your expectations. I have noted all of your comments regarding the front desk service and the housekeeping concern,with not cleaning your room. When ever I get any feedback I always discuss the problem, negative or positive with my team! We work very hard to correct any concerns that we have a direct control over.

I appreciate how you must feel about the hotel after your long association of 40 years. You are a valued guest of this hotel ,and I hope that you will consider remaining so in the future.

If I can be of any further service please contact me diirectly on 613 771 3182.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Probably the dirtiest hotel and least updated we've ever encountered. There has been absolutely nothing updated since what must have been at least 1975. It's difficult to determine where to start...our power in our room went out when nothing was even being used and we plugged a blow dryer in, the fridge was not turned on when we requested one as we were on a 3 day business trip and brought our own healthy food instead of eating at restaurants...when I went to have a shower an enormous amount of brown sludge came out of both the shower and the sink faucets. The "gym" had 1 weight and 4 pieces of "equipment" from the line of first ever pieces of gym equipment ever produced EVER. Don't market a gym if that's what you're going to offer. I have been a travel agent for a decade and have never experienced a hotel like this....it may as well have been a grungy motel, however (as the images showed online) the hotel was not mismarketed...so what you see is what you'll get...with an old smokey smell and miserable staff attached. If you're willing to drive as far as Belleville, it's worth driving slightly farther and staying in one of the many options in Napanee.

Room Tip: There are not any, unless you need a place to sleep it has beds....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AshandCait
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologise for the negative impression that you had during your stay with us. We have infact had a number of renovations completed in the last five years that included our lobby, ballroom, and fifty five guest rooms , and new flat screen televisions in all 124 guest rooms as well as new beds and bedding.

I will speak to the room attendants about your fridge not being turned on as this was an oversight.

I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Gary Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
BEST WESTERN Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!