“Disappointed/bites”

Travelodge Hotel Belleville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am from Guelph, and have several times met up with friends from Ottawa and stayed in Belleville, a sort of half way point for us to meet for a weekend. In previous years we have enjoyed a stay at the "Ramada" in Belleville. This week (Jan 15th) I had work meetings in Belleville and booked a room at the Travelodge as I knew the hotel and location. I stayed in room 349. It was tidy but certainly very worn. In the night I woke up with a bite on my arm and I found and killed a small black bug. Yesterday many itchy/swollen bites appeared all over my body. Two on my face, and several large bites all over my arms and side.
I won't stay again.
Cathy Lennon

Room Tip: I had booked my room online and paid a small premium for a bayside room, however Room 349 looked ove...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Ms Lennon;

I regret that you feel that you had a very bad experience at our hotel, the week of January 15th. It was very unfortunate this incident was apparently not brought to our immediate attention to verify and confirm your suspicion of having been bitten by a bed bug. We do have a very active bed bug policy in the hotel so that we are able to address any concern or problem immediately to ensure the satisfaction and confidence of all our guests. I do hope that you are feeling much better and will reconsider staying with us again on your next visit to Belleville.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

It's ironic that my wife just came back from getting ice and the machine only produced 3 cubes......At check in, they provided us with a 1 bed room for 3 people and said that the rest of the rooms were taken when we had reserved in November..should this not have been indicated to us earlier? . The pool slide only operates on weekends where this was not indicated on the website when we reserved. We specifically chose this hotel for the slide for our daughter as she is turning 10 this week and we wanted her to enjoy her birthday week. We now find that this slide is closed, much to her disappointment. Having stayed at other Travelodges in the past, we know that not all have such poor service but we are very disappointed this time. And we are still checked in at this location until the 9th of Jan 2014.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest;

I must applogize for the negative experience you had with us on your recent visit to Belleville. Our maintenace team have repaired the ice machine. I have passed on the concerns that you had with the room that you were offered for 3 people to our front desk manager. The waterslide does have limited hours during the winter we will ensure that this is updated on our web site.

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your concerns as this will help us correct any problems for the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Belleville.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Bathtub in our room (4th flr) had black stains on it, needs serious upgrade. Hot tub jets in the pool area are barely working, kids could blow better bubbles. Really pathetic! Carpets in the room looks grungy.Charge for pets too high in comparison to better rated hotels. Services have extremely deteriorated since our prior stay. Also, key card access to pool area keeps malfunctioning.Will no longer recommend them to friends as we have in the past. The only thing going for them is their year round heated outdoor pool and their proximity to downtown Bellevile (shops & restaurants) Housekeeping staff were nice but two people (one male, older female) working at the front desk, have no bussiness working at the front desk. Very unwelcoming and gives poor first impression. Whole Hotel atmosphere is not very encouraging.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I must apologize that you had a very poor experiencece during your recent stay with us. Your comment about the bathtub staining is due to wearing and will be refinished as part of our captiol plan in 2014. The hot tub is being repaired by our maintenance team this week. I was disappointed to also read that we did not provide the best service at the front desk ,which is very concerning as we have always had positive feed back about our front desk people.

I do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your observations and concerns so we are given the opportunity to improve our overall service and product.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for the past four and half months couple of days each week. The staff and the management are very nice and helpful.

The General Manager Gary Smith is there at 7 AM everyday and he walks pass you in the restaurant to ensure that you are enjoying your breakfast. We don't see that level of personal care at other hotels. Does one ever get to meet the GM in another hotel?

The restaurant staff and the chef are very helpful and try to cater to your needs.

The front desk staff tries to remember your name and get your papers ready before you reach the desk. Shawn and Angela were my favourites.

Good pool and a decent GYM.

I would definitely come back with my wife and stay here! ::)

Abey

Room Tip: Always ask for a "Bay-side" room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Abey;

Thank you for taking the time to leave your very kind and very positive feedback. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and ensuring that we were meeting your expectations while being with us for so long each week. I am sure you will not miss the drive from Toronto! We hope that you can come back and visit us in the summer and enjoy Prince Edward County and the wineries!

Please have a wonderful and safe Holiday Season, and a great vacation in the US in February.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Management says they have to respect all guests with regards to noise levels but they do not! 11:44pm on a Saturday night and the party is still being allowed by staff and security to go on! Out room is on the 4th floor and I can tell you what the song selection is it is that loud! Poor sound separation. I'm not saying stop their party but turn the level down. I believe the front desk is now ignoring calls from their room guests. Will not be back. Back In black by AC/DC is now playing!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Angryrustyrex
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Guest;

I was sorry to read that the noise level and disruption gave you a negative experience last weekend. The music was from one of our banquet rooms from a Christmas Party on the 2nd floor. Our Security did in fact tell the DJ three times to lower the music, they were allowed to play music until 1am, when the party would end! We will in future advise our guests that may be staying above this room that there may be music playing until after midnight, this will also give us the opportunity to move the guest to another section of the hotel.

I really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback so that we are given the chance to avoid any future concerns with noise in this part of the hotel.

Gary Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
TownePlace Suites Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!