“Our stay on the Bay...”

Travelodge Hotel Belleville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Travel Lodge in Belleville Ontario, located on the Bay of Quinte is a delightful surprise. For those traveling in the area from the US, don't be fooled by the name, this is a very nice hotel, not a stripped down budget motel like their namesake in the States. I stay here often while on business in the area and just love "my room" overlooking the Bay. There's a nice little private balcony through the sliding doors, which have a screen, making it possible to let in the fresh air. It's so handy to have a full service bar and restaurant on site, plus there are walking paths and parks nearby; great for enjoying the outdoors. I've never used the pool or playground area, but i hear from the locals that it is a great place to bring the kids. Just an all around friendly and efficient place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We were very happy and pleased to read your kind comments! All of our team work very hard every day to make our hotel feel special and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed here on two occasions and both times were very pleasant. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The management was more than accomodating and provided everything I requested. When coming to Belleville again, I will only stay at this hotel and if travelling to another city, I will make sure I find a Travelodge there as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest;

We were happy to read that you and your family found peace and serenity during your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feed back and to hear that all our our team delivered the best possible service.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

After a successful bid on Priceline for this hotel, I contacted the front desk to make some requests. I had booked two rooms, for the four male adults in my party. I asked for adjoining rooms. I asked for two beds in each room. I asked for rooms on the water side of the hotel (because of other reviews which said the trains that run by the front all night were disruptive). And I asked if I could purchase breakfast buffet tickets at check in for a discounted price.

The person I spoke to when I made these requests, a month prior to our trip, didn't sound very interested over the phone and it turns out he wasn't interested enough in writing down any of the requests I made. When we arrived at check in, I received keys to rooms 347 and 365, so I said to the staff member, "I guess we didn't get adjoining rooms?" "No, sorry." "Are we at least on the bay side of the hotel?" "No." "OK, can I purchase the breakfast vouchers then?" "No, we only sell those during the week. The buffet is busy enough on the weekends that we don't need to sell the discounted vouchers." I explained to him all the requests that I made after booking the rooms and he told me there was nothing he could do, as the place was full.

We then went up to our rooms to find out that there was only one bed in each room. At least one of the rooms had a pull out couch, but enough was enough. You can't expect two grown men to share a double bed comfortably. So, back down I went to the front desk. This time I spoke to a very helpful lady. I believe her name was Carmen. She asked me when I called to make my requests and if I knew the name of the person I spoke to. Of course, I couldn't remember the exact date, nor did I ask for his name. This is something I won't forget in the future. Anyhow, Carmen did her best to find some other arrangements, but as mentioned before, the hotel was full. Thankfully, she provided us with vouchers for breakfast the next morning. Even had she not, she was a pleasure to deal with and a valuable member of her team. Something I think management should know about.

As for the rooms themselves, they were fine. Nothing fancy, but clean, adequately modern, and the beds were comfortable, which was the most important. The hotel only seemed to have one small elevator, which luckily, never seemed to be too busy. Nor did we have to wait too long for it. A positive was the pool area and the water slide. One wouldn't think that a bunch of 30 somethings would enjoy a water slide, but we did. Each of us must have taken at least 20 turns, while competing to see who could down the fastest. The breakfast buffet was good as well. You had the standards; eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, fruit, yogurt, cereals, coffee and juices.

Had we not had the problems with the rooms, I might have awarded this hotel a 4 out of 5. Unfortunately, service is extremely important in a service industry and it is something I didn't receive from one of the staff members. If you decide to stay here and you have special requests, remember to take down the employees name, along with the time and date of your call.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side. I slept with ear plugs, but my friend said he heard the train go...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Scott M
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Guest;

Thank you for givings us your very detailed feed back about your recent stay with us. I must apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding your requests for adjoining rooms and the bay side location We will review the process for such requests and the manner in which they are managed by the front desk team. I was pleased to read that Carmen did her best to find a solution regarding the number of beds in the room that you did get. As you will appreciate it was difficult as we were full on that evening. Your comments are valuable to us and I want to assure you that we do follow up on any issues or problems so that we do not have the same concern in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Close to park, marina and walking trails. Near scenic Prince Edward county wine country. Pets allowed. Free and reliable wi-fi. Free and secure outdoor parking. Rooms are a good size with full amenities including refrigerators and some microwaves. No noise issues with the ceiling air conditioner or refrigerator. Reasonable rates. Decent restaurant on site. Good quality hot breakfast (sometimes an extra charge). Renovations underway by the new Travelodge owners. Bad stuff: Asked for an upper floor but got lower floor with a loud TV and kids shouting and slamming patio doors over our heads; dripping pool rugrats abound, plumbing suspect by some questionable exposed piping; service often slow (waited 20 minutes to get a pool towel from front desk), room service often did not show up until 3:30-4:00 pm (Desk said new arrivals get priority.), patio and screen doors in poor repair and difficult to close.

Room Tip: Bayside rooms have a nice view with less road noise.

Dear Guest;

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your concerns regarding the slow service at the front desk and the patio door problem. We always follow up with our Managers when there are problems that we can correct and improve any guests stay!

We hope to see you again very soon so you can enjoy our ongoing improvements.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed at Travelodge Belleville for a night in August, this hotel is for sure a hotspot for conferences. I checked in around 8:30 p.m., there weren't alot of people in the lobby but somehow the hotel received lots of calls for room booking. Took the receiptionists around 20 minutes before greeting us (which I cannot blame her for being the only person in FOH). Room was pretty decent, the exterior of the hotel and the hallway kind of dated so I wasn't expecting the room to be great-great. But I for sure got one of the newly renovated rooms. I ordered in room service as I was too tired to make another trip out in town late... I guess with minimal expectations, the food turns out to be really good. I ordered a chicken quesadillas and it was really delicious and fairly priced (compared to other hotel room services), except it's a bit oily... Bathroom was a little outdated, but for a night, it wasn't a big issue. The only problem was in the morning, the coffee machine didnt work ... but overall... it was a pretty decent stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay . We were happy to read that you had a positive stay ! I must apologize for the delay when checking in. I will advise our Chef about your room service meal that you enjoyed. We are in the process of completing the new vinyl on the 3rd and 4th floor corridors, so the floors now have a fresh new look. I have noted your concern about the coffee maker not working we will make sure that our room attendants check that the coffee makers are working so we do not have any future concerns. I know how important a cup of coffee is to all of our guests in the morning!.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We checked in at the Travelodge late one night and were dismayed to find our room full of spider webs and insects. When we complained, we were told the hotel was full and there were no other rooms. After several attempts by staff to get rid of the bugs (including hanging pieces of tape by the ceiling, a futile effort given the level of infestation), we decided we would move to another hotel (and possibly lose the money as we had pre-paid on Hotwire). As we were looking for another hotel, staff called us to say there was a cancellation and another room had become available. This room was acceptable but by the time we were settled in, it was almost midnight! The evening manager told us she would inform the day manager of what had happened, which I took to mean there would be some recognition of the inconvenience experienced, but when we checked out there wasn't even an apology, despite the fact I mentioned the problems we had had the previous night. A very disappointing experience. I will certainly neither return to this hotel nor recommend it to others.
Two other smaller issues we had: the internet connection was very spotty and dropped consistently; and the hotel would be better served by making it clear in its information package that the breakfast buffet comes at a cost. As it stands now, the brochure only says that breakfast is served until 11:00am, which could easily give the impression that it's included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Guest;

We were disappointed to read that you did not have a positive experience with us. I have noted all your comments in your feedback. Unfortunately due to our property being so close to the water we do have challenges with insects during the summer months especially if the screen door is not completely closed. We do have a pest control process in place where we spray the balconies twice a year. This year due to the very hot summer it was not as effective. We will follow up with our internet provider about the weak signal.

We appreciate hearing about any problems that we can control. I hope that you will consider
staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

the place is great, good place to take the family for a small vacation. Rooms were clean and comfy.
Bathroom was ok but could be updated as the shower-heads looked like they were installed 15 years ago. Carpet in hallways old as was the basic look of the hotel. It is not in its prime could be updated. The pool area is another thing,We found it dirty even though it says closed for maintenance every morning there were chunks of hair on the tiles the night we went and were still there in the morning. There was dirt on the slide stairs and other stairs in the pool area that obviously was not mopped in a long time. As i brushed it with my flip-flops and it easily moved. the outside deck was dirty a child had an accident and it was not cleaned up at all, the sauna is old and needs a good scrubbing and sanding of the walls as people have carved there initials in them. the game room also looked dirty and outdated with most of the games broken. you rent a place with a slide and expect it it to be clean and it was not. made sure everyone scrubbed in the shower when we got back to thew rooms as we felt unclean when we left that area. Had a great view and the place is well located. Maintenance has to do a better job at keeping the pool area cleaner than it is. No breakfast included .

Room Tip: From what I was told all rooms are the same ask for a room facing the waterfront if you want a good...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Gary_Travelodge, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Guest;

Than you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We were pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your mini vacation! I have noted your comments on the overall cleanliness in the pool area and changing rooms. Your observations will be discussed with our housekeeping department and the lifeguards who are responsible for the daily cleaning and checks. With regards to the games, these are owed by a third party,who has been advised about the maintenance on the games. We appreciate all your feedback as this allows us to correct any issue with in the hotel.

We hope that we will see you and your family again in the future.

Gary Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville

Been to Travelodge Hotel Belleville? Share your experiences!