“Expected more for the price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Hamilton, Canada
“Expected more for the price”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was in the area on business and booked a night at the Fairfield.

At $140 for the night, I must say I expected more.

Pleasant reception upon my arrival. The lobby was nicely appointed.

There are no elevators so those who have mobility issues can only expect to stay on the first floor.

My room was fine; had all the basics. Clean, nicely presented.

A few things would have made my stay -- and my rating -- better:
1. toilet paper was like sand paper; toilet paper holder poorly painted (you can see brush strokes) but points out how a bit more attention to detail would make a difference;
2. the bed sagged where previous guests had slept. I found this uncomfortable and didn't have a good night's sleep;
3. a few more plugs around the bedside would be good, like the lamp with plug in base on desk; most people need to charge their phone and their computer and may like to have them both handy while watching tv from the bed but I could only have one item next to me and had to plug in the other item across the room.

Towels were lovely; fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room.

The pool and hot tub area was spartan but functional. I didn't use the exercise room.

The breakfast room was nice with a lot on offer. They also have gluten free bread if you ask.

The young fellow on the desk at check out could work on his ability to provide better customer service. He seemed either put out or uncomfortable answering questions about the area.

It was fine but a bit disappointing for the price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldAshley, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear A:

Thank you sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced regarding the location of local restaurants. We do try very hard to ensure that our guests have all the information needed to find restaurants and shopping near the hotel. Everything we do is aimed at provinding you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

We truly appreciate your comments and hope you will give us another chance when you are in the Belleville area.

Thanks you for your comments regarding our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been to two other hotels in belleville,and I must say this is by far the worst. The staff clearly show they dont care. Made pre arrangements to have flowers in room being was a special weekend for me and my girlfriend. Called two hours prior to my arrival and they assured it was all there. Not a single thing was there for us. They just played dumb. Vending machine served us all expired orange juice.specified for smoking room they said no problem when I was booking, which was not the case as I later found out its a smoke free hotel. So save some money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Justin S
Georgia M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Mel,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback and experience. We value our guest comments and are always looking for ways to improve and change our guest experience. Your comments have been taken seriously and some of your items you mention we are working on currently to update and change.
I would love to speak with you regarding your comments if you would like to call me personally.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and to say a personal hello.
Kindest regards,
Georgia MacLean
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Have stayed Fairfield and other Marriotts before and they are typically very similar and strong. Was here for business and this room was a good size and very comfortable for a long term stay.

Breakfast was excellent. Bed and pillows are good.

Service was very awesome, needed to switch hotels due to service issue at another very quickly. They quickly processed the business billing with our company and had the room and booking/billing ready within the 15 minute drive over. Very impressive!!

One thing to note for business travellers, there is only one washer/dryer so laundry was very difficult to get done.

Very close to 401 with lots of dining close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in May and took my mother with me. She's not much of a traveler and so it was wonderful to stay at this hotel. She was very impressed and that doesn't happen easily!

Check-in and check-out were smooth. Front desk staff were friendly and assisted us with anything we needed.
The rooms were clean well-appointed. Beds = SUPER comfy & bathroom was fresh and clean!

Hotel was conviently located right off the 401, with no noisy highway sounds. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic! Soo much food to choose from, and FRESH! A+!
Thank you for a wonderful stay. When we visit family again, we will be sure to stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have always had good service, clean room, allow early check in all the time, king size beds every time. Breakfast is pretty good for being continental. We always stay here when we go to the Shannonville motorcycle races.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed 2 nights to explore Prince Edward County, this was an ideal location for us, very easy to find as just off the freeway. The hotel was very comfortable with large suites and huge beds. we were staying with family and were automatically put in adjoining rooms, a pleasant surprise as this doesn't always happen. Would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: We were at the back and the room was very quiet.