Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville
Travelers Inn(Belleville)
Bayside Motel(Trenton)
Guest Inn(Trenton)
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesoff the highwayhot tubsecond floorquinte malldeep endsitting arearoom was largethe breakfast areasofa bedmain buildingearly checkfree continental breakfastplace is cleangood sizefront desk staffwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have no problems or issues at all with the hotel. I enjoy my stay there everytime. I have children and they've never complained about the pool or anything else for that matter! The breakfast isn't all that appealing, nothing wrong with it, we just like more options and hot foods!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was a repeat visit.
Pros:
Location: excellent off the 401, free parking.
Check In: very friendly, you do have to fill in a form with name, address, rewards number, car registration which doesn't happen at all Marriott's and I am sure that my appalling handwriting (too much keyboarding) probably made it illegible anyway but that was OK. Hopefully I remembered the car registration right, we've only had that plate for 15 years .... and let's not even talk about trying to remember my own cell phone number.
The room was very nice indeed, at the back where it is quieter, we had a king room with lovely sitting room area and desk. The decor is, to employ very overused words, tasteful and chic. Sleek modern lines to the sofa and armchair with the look of slub silk, it's not silk of course but it looks good. I liked the little touches, artwork, coffee tables, ottoman/suitcase rack well above basic standard. The bed and bedding, as always at Marriott's, really excellent. I don't know where they get their pillows but again, great, the right degree of firmness. The window in the room can be opened which I particularly love and the heating/cooling is very efficient. They provide a small fridge and microwave together with the usual coffee maker, iron, etc. The bathroom is small but perfectly adequate, towels and toiletries all excellent. Free WiFi. The room and bathroom, the whole place, spotlessly clean.
Food: They provide free breakfast - a bit stodgy but I am sure they supply to demand and given their target market the demand is probably heavy on carbs. There is also a mini-market for snacks and sundries. The place is well situated within walking or very short driving distance of the mall and many restaurants.
Pool, I think they may have done some touch up work since we were last there, maybe regrouted or tiled? The pool is a fair size, good temperature, hot tub just right, not too hot, the hot tub is in a kind of dark corner but this is not a new hotel. The pool towels are teeny and like most pool towels....... let's just say they are great exfoliants. Didn't use the exercise room this time but have in the past, more than adequate.

OK cons: Please note these are not gripes, I just want to give an honest review for others to find useful.
The hotel is not new and even though it is accessible, ramps etc. there are no elevators. I know, only two floors but if you are hauling bags up it can be a bit daunting. It also has the funniest layout. It is really two buildings joined by a kind of bridge. They do give you a map, but if they knew how good I am at navigation (not) they probably would not have bothered. There is no one to help with bags etc.
Wifi: it's a bit flaky. Not their fault as it is subcontracted to something called purepages.com. If you need the net for work it does drop so be aware, on the other hand is free so you get what you pay for,
TV: Again not their fault, they (like most hotels it seems) use Cogeco which has the most user-unfriendly menu system in the world. Also the channels showing on the TV Guide menu are not all available or wrongly described. Again not the hotel's fault but I wish Marriott would make a deal with someone else. The TV itself (we had two) was a bit snowy depending on the channel.

Final: Other than that, a quick shout out to the housekeeping staff for doing such an excellent job. All the staff are good but housekeeping generally gets forgotten. Tip them people. They work very hard.

Room Tip: Get room at the back of hotel if possible if you are worried about noise from the road and it is quicker to use back doors/stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

there is no elevator so be prepared for that. it was noisy at night. someone was watching tv in the middle of the night, it sounded like they were in our room.rooms are clean, spacious king size rooms. tv was very small.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cruiseforreal
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 2011, and based on my experience then I decided to return again in December 2012 when I found myself once again in Belleville. The staff was friendly and the room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. I took advantage of the free wi-fi, which had a strong signal throughout the property. Free breakfast is also included, which is nice to have on site (choice of cereal, muffins/danish, coffee/tea, juice, fresh fruit, waffles). The location is excellent - it's right across from the Quinte Mall, many restaurants and gas stations are nearby, and it's close to the 401. The price is comparable to other properties in the area.

On my last visit I had found the room to be very dry. This time it was much better, and I have no complaints. I was not there to watch TV, but I will note the signal was very grainy for the brief time that I had it on (reminded me of an old tube TV with antennas, and yet it was an LG LCD). Overall, the TV signal did not detract from my stay. I found the room to be very quiet, and there was plenty of free parking close to the nearest entrance (which was important since the hotel has a sprawling layout). I anticipate returning next December.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had stay for 1 night at this property and all I got was insect bites all over my arms and legs. I wasn't expecting much, considering the type of hotel, but insect bites was not on the list. I had stayed at many other Marriott properties, but this is certainly the most disappointing one. I called to see if there was a bed bug problem, but the manager had denied it. This makes me wonder what had bitten me so many times that night. I was so concerned that I may have brought something home after the stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo