“just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
toronto
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

there is no elevator so be prepared for that. it was noisy at night. someone was watching tv in the middle of the night, it sounded like they were in our room.rooms are clean, spacious king size rooms. tv was very small.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cruiseforreal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 2011, and based on my experience then I decided to return again in December 2012 when I found myself once again in Belleville. The staff was friendly and the room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. I took advantage of the free wi-fi, which had a strong signal throughout the property. Free breakfast is also included, which is nice to have on site (choice of cereal, muffins/danish, coffee/tea, juice, fresh fruit, waffles). The location is excellent - it's right across from the Quinte Mall, many restaurants and gas stations are nearby, and it's close to the 401. The price is comparable to other properties in the area.

On my last visit I had found the room to be very dry. This time it was much better, and I have no complaints. I was not there to watch TV, but I will note the signal was very grainy for the brief time that I had it on (reminded me of an old tube TV with antennas, and yet it was an LG LCD). Overall, the TV signal did not detract from my stay. I found the room to be very quiet, and there was plenty of free parking close to the nearest entrance (which was important since the hotel has a sprawling layout). I anticipate returning next December.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had stay for 1 night at this property and all I got was insect bites all over my arms and legs. I wasn't expecting much, considering the type of hotel, but insect bites was not on the list. I had stayed at many other Marriott properties, but this is certainly the most disappointing one. I called to see if there was a bed bug problem, but the manager had denied it. This makes me wonder what had bitten me so many times that night. I was so concerned that I may have brought something home after the stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Vincent N
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from Belleville where we had booked ten adjacent, accessible, rooms for a family funeral. All aspects of our visit were very satisfactory, and we had an excellent experience from booking to checkout. I booked room 155, a meeting room with King sized bed, and my daughter's family with her young baby were in the adjoining room 154. All the rest of the family visitors, from Toronto and Ottawa, were located in adjacent rooms in the same wing. The staff went out of their way to help us in many ways. The breakfast facilities were wonderful, for kids and adults alike. It was my first stay in a Fairfield Inn, but it will be my first choice whenever I return to Belleville.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for an "accessible" room if you need ground floor access.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mulmur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Okay I'm biased I love the Marriott chain its a surprise to come to a little city like this and find a clean well done hotel for a night with a good front counter staff uniformed and friendly complimentary breakfast had a boat load of choices the bed was perfect as usual always seem to make me fall asleep fast modern amenities flat screen microwave fridge, if only all hotels will get rid of these coffee makers and get into the Tassimos-Kuerig so much easier to use. Only down side main floor is hub of people in and out for smoke breaks doors slamming and opening loud talking not the right place if you beat and need to catch up on some much needed sleep goe for upper floors

Room Tip: If you don't smoke and like quiet hallways ask upper level and away from exits for door
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a 3.5 - 4 star. If you can come to grips with the fact that the town you are in is Belleville you are all set! The people of Belleville are not very welcoming. This is a great place to rest your head. Walking distance to Starbucks and dinner options. If I have to do it all over again I would still skip the breakfast buffet..... Not too shabby!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank K-TownKeliza
ST.Jean-sur-Richelieu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Did not book in advance as if you do not make a cancellation (if required) 24 hours after booking you lose your money. The room was on the 2nd floor so we had to carry up luggage. Person was very nice at front desk. The bed was a little hard and I had a problem sleeping.
Breakfast is always good. My wife loved the free cookies they leave out all night with coffee.
Person a leaving time was great. And also all the staff is great there.

Room Tip: Try and get first floor if you have leg problems or heart problems.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
BEST WESTERN Belleville
#5 of 7 in Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville? Share your experiences!