Just spent a quick night in a nearby town at the Marriott Fairfield. I have stayed at that particular hotel a number of times before, both alone and with my husband. Overall I do prefer Marriott JW, regular Marriott and especially Marriott Courtyards but Fairfields are what they are - a bit basic but extremely reliable.
The room was large and nice, bathroom is compact and bijoux but very clean and funtional. Shower strength was terrific, the towels fluffy and white and everything clean as a whistle. The air conditioning was fabulous as we had been suffering from hot and humid weather of late. The only downside is that the hotel is on two floors in two wings and it involves a lot of trecking up and down stairs as they have no elevators. On my second trip in from the car with some bits and pieces a very nice lady - housekeeping I believe - helped me with one of my bags and I was extremely grateful to her as she was my age. I was embarrassed because I had no change for a tip. I did leave a tip in the room on checking out and I hope that she received it. The bed is extremely comfortable with quite a firm mattress which we need and the beddding is always up to the usual Marriott standards. The previous occupier of the room had set the alarm for 5.30 a.m., not fun. There is no in room check out. TV is TV. Parking is ample and free. Free Wifi but I get that anyway because of membership so check before you use it.
The pool is excellent, nice shape, 8 foot deep end, temperature is pleasant and the towels were plentiful and in great condition. The hot tub is gentle which I quite enjoy and not overly hot. It's a bit dark, there is a light on the wall but the last several times I have stayed there it never seems to be on. One thing I particularly like about the pool at this hotel is that the flooring is slightly 'rough', no smooth tiles, so no wondering if you are going to slip on the wet floor. Little thing but it makes a huge difference. The exercise equipment is great.
We didn't bother with the free breakfast though I have done so on previous visits, especially those involving several nights' stay. It is what it is but I like that there is always fruit juice. Also, like other Marriotts, they have added the lemon/lime water dispenser in the lobby which is one of the best ideas Marriott have had in a long time.
The only thing that puzzles me about this particular hotel is what sometimes happens at check in. It NEVER happens at any other Marriott and we stay with them a lot in a number of countries. It doesn't happen at every Fairfield, just this one. It doesn't happen every time at this one either, just when a certain lady is on reception. She is rather more mature than the others.... owner perhaps? Not sure. I am a Gold member so when I book I usually do so online but if redeeming points or a free earned night I call the 800 number which I did this time. Rewards Customer Service is always fabulous, they booked us in, confirmed everything, confirmed my credit card - last four digits only - said my signature is on file as I had stayed before of course. Perfect. But on arrival I was asked for my card again, which I always have ready anyway. Then she demanded photo i.d. which no other Marriott ever asks me for, not even JW which, let's face it, is somewhat higher up the pecking order in the hotel chain. Her attitude was faintly reminiscent of the Mother Superior at my boarding school or perhaps my Girl Guide leader back when I was 12. I suddenly felt the need to mutter Dib Dib Dib and start reciting the Girl Guide Code - 'I promise on my honour to do my best to do my duty to God and the Queen.....etc.' As she was already double checking my credit card and photo I.D. I decided to make sure that she had my Gold Memership number too as she appeared to be seriously doubting my credentials. She took it and studied it closely, both sides, read the fine print, looked at me and then sighed and gave it back. I am a white haired old grandma of seven, I really didn't think that I much resemble a crack dealer or hooker but that was the feeling I was left with. Like I said, if it was a one time event I'd forget it, but I remember her even though she obviously does not remember me and it was the same last time. Fortunately the much more pleasant younger lady was there when I checked out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel completely renovated in early 2011. All rooms now have fridges, microwaves, flat panel TVs and Marriott's new "Green Tea Concept" decor. Largest guestroom in the area. Largest heated indoor pool at any hotel in the city. All rates include a deluxe hot continental breakfast and wireless high speed internet. Great location, right across from Belleville's only shopping mall - The Quinte Mall. Walking distance to fast food and family dining restaurants. Also within walking distance to a family favourite "The Pirate Playground" and the riverside park soccer pitches. Great hotel for leisure travellers and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Belleville Hotel Belleville
- Fairfield Inn Belleville
- Fairfield Belleville
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Belleville
- Belleville Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville Ontario