“Cheap but not the best”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Ontario, Canada
“Cheap but not the best”
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Belleville for 2 nights in June 2007. It was a moderately hot weekend (around 20 - 28 degrees Celsius) but it was hotter inside the hotel most of the time. The a/c in the room worked, but not well enough to keep the room cool. The hallways were stiffling.

The bathroom was pretty clean but the tub definitely needed new cocking. Other than that the room was in pretty good shape. Newer bedding and surpriseingly great pillows.

The staff were ok. I spoke with one housekeeper who was very helpful but the front desk person was pretty useless but nice nonetheless.

The breakfast that is included consists of bagels, muffins, juice, coffee/tea, hard boiled eggs, toast and cereal. Decent for a continental breakfast but not the best I've seen.

• Liked — Decent location and good price.
  • Disliked — A/C not working, lots of stairs, no gym/pool/spa/etc.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Kristy31
paulci, Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
Thank for your review of your stay.
Regarding the air conditioning deficiency in your room I'd like to
pass along that we have upgraded these units in the majority of
the hotel, and plan on having all units completed in 2010.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ottawa
Reviewed July 26, 2006

I stayed with my family (4) as well as my parents(2). We had booked the room directly with the hotel and had requested connecting rooms. When we arrived at the hotel I was unable to receive a clear answer as to if the rooms were indeed connecting or not. I had to ask 3 times before getting a straight answer besides "I think so". When we arrived at the rooms I noticed that the carpets appeared to not have been vacuumed since their was snack depris from the previous guest still on the floor. The grout in the bathroom had spots of black from mold. In the morning I went to the continental breakfast to get coffee for the family and toast for the kids and the coffee was empty and the toast had flies buzzing around it. When I went to the desk to ask about more coffee I had to wait until the desk person and a housekeeper finished gossiping before I was addressed even though they saw me standing there.
We stayed here as a stop for our family on vacation and all I wanted to do was leave as quick as possible.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and Service
  • Tips/Secrets — Choose a newer hotel in the area
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank rreeaall
Thanks for your review of your stay, and for the opportunity to
apologize for the sub-standard experience.
Should you be travelling to the Belleville area in future and would
offer us the opportunity to demonstarte our typical level of hospitality
please feel free to contact me directly.
Paul Armstrong

Travelers are raving about these Belleville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 10, 2005

staff was excellent we were very tired on arrival & the staff took great care to get us in a room & settled quickly. Room was very clean and continental breakfast had a great variety of food

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for the compliments posted here.
We love to hear it when we've met or surpassed guest
expectations.
Hope to see you again sometime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton

Been to Comfort Inn Belleville? Share your experiences!