Comfort Inn Belleville
Travelers Inn(Belleville)
$78
Avalon Motel(Belleville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast ladypatio doorsno reservationnice showerwafflesclean linenrest stopwould stay here againshopping and restaurantsgreat rateground floorbudget hotelrooms are nicebed was comfortablethe air conditioningbreakfast areafront desk staff
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I arrived at the Belleville Comfort Inn for work in March. I'm used to luxury hotels and was unexcited by the decor when I first arrived. I spent a week here and was welcomed at 6am each morning by Penny, the breakfast lady. She made this hotel one of the best I've stayed at. When my team and I needed to leave for work by 7am on a Sunday, when the kitchen usually opens later than weekdays, Penny opened the kitchen and had an early breakfast ready for us without even being asked. Great hotels anticipate the needs of their guests and Penny certainly anticipated and met our needs. She knows all of her repeat guests and makes this place a home away from home for people on the road. If you stop and listen to their conversations with her, it seems obvious that many travelers choose the Comfort Inn when they come to Belleville just because of her. When I returned last night (in June) and went down for breakfast before work, she welcomed me with a hug and a smile. I was happy to be back. Not only would I recommend this hotel to others, I would recommend a pay raise for Penny. She makes the Belleville Comfort Inn a home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Thank Brent Eric Arth... P
Reviewed June 16, 2014

prices was right, breakfast, nice quiet place to stay. Rooms clean, everything in working order. Only a little musty smell, but got cleared up when air conditioner was turned on. Will be back soon. It is in walking distance to the mall. It was nice to get a good cup of coffee when we arrived with real cream.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip for a total of 3 weeks in May (in two different rooms). I have never stayed at a hotel where every single staff member said hello and smiled every single time you passed them in the hall or lobby.

Both rooms were clean and basic, however, there is a faint smell of smoke in the main floor hallway that didn't carry into my room. The second floor was completely absent of the smoke smell in both the hallway and rooms. I was initially concerned with the second floor room being directly across from the ice machine but I did not experience any noise issues. The air conditioner worked great.

I was pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast which included many items like waffles, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), bacon, sausage rounds, bagels, muffins, toast, english muffins, oatmeal, oranges, apples and a choice of cereals. The breakfast ladies were very eager to make waffles and help out with anything. Both were quite friendly and chatty. The only downside was that sometimes they were out of items (there were a few days there was no bacon or sausage and a couple days without waffles). One of the breakfast ladies apologized profusely any morning they were out of an item and called me honey a lot.

Room Tip: Main floor hallway smells of smoke but the rooms offer a patio door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The room smelled of sewer. The washroom was dirty. Hallway smelled of smoke. Don't stay here if you care about cleanliness. The only good thing was sliding door from the room to the parking lot. Bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ummmmyes
Reviewed April 30, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com