Comfort Inn Belleville
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Belleville
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Our stay at this hotel this past weekend was very pleasant. Our room was very clean,
well equipped with fridge, microwave, TV etc. In our room we were unaware of any smoke smell.
The breakfast in the morning was very satisfying and the room was constantly attended to
supervise and refill as required. The staff were more than helpful and pleasant. My husband experienced a medical emergency and I called down to the front desk for an ambulance.
They took care of everything, brought the paramedics directly to our room, stayed outside to
see if they could assist. Asked if they could do anything. Relayed messages to any of our friends asking for us. Altogether made the experience much less frightful for me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
paulci, General Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you for your review.
Comfort, Cleanliness, and Friendly Service are the three foremost things that
we strive to be known for.
I will surely pass your comments along to all of the staff.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Comfort Inns are generally lousy, but this one is really bad. Parts of the hotel haven't been renovated or painted in decades (seemingly). Was checked into a room that still had the last persons hat and used soap. No elevator, so have fun lugging all of your bags up the stairs. Extremely slow wi-fi, if any at all. There's absolutely no reason to stay here; just pay the extra 20 dollars and get something far nicer nearby. 2/10

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bensagle

I am sorry to hear that your esperience at our hotel was less than acceptable,
and I apologize for the oversight with respect to housekeeping and have taken
this matter up with the staff.
We have upgraded our wireless since your visit.
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I am an ex-smoker, and have no problem whatsoever with smokers. But I do have a huge problem with an entire hotel reeking of stale and fresh tobacco smoke ... especially in the non-smoking wings and in all corridors. Also, having to enter the hotel through the haze of smoke outside the lobby door while stepping through and over the discarded cigarette butts is not exactly a pleasant welcome to a $140.00 per night hotel stay.

The check-in process was efficient, and the 2 gals working the desk were great.

On to our room. The bathroom floor was not cleaned from one or more previous guests. The paint was peeling off the bathroom ceiling and walls. Very dated. The room carpet was also very stale smelling and stained.

The "free" breakfast was basic but okay - if you don't mind either standing to eat, or taking your meal back to your room. There are only a couple of tables in the very tiny breakfast area, and there is absolutely no room to move when more than a few people are in the breakfast room.
I must say that the lady that was supervising the breakfast was a lovely and pleasant person.

The parking spaces past the lobby doors are very small, and I highly recommend that you park in the spaces closest to the main road if you don't want door-dings in the morning.

If you are trying to locate this hotel using a GPS, it appears that the coordinates are entered into the satellite incorrectly - at least using TOM-TOM.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank love2travelC2C
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is a stark reminder that all Comfort Inns are individually owned. It was ugly and smelly, with stained carpet and long dark halls. We picked the place specifically because the hotel offered a roll away bed for a small charge, and we had five people with us. When we checked in, we found that there was no roll away in the room. I went to the front desk to inquire about it and was told they didn't have one. I explained to the very crabby desk staff that it was the reason we had booked there. She responded by informing me they wouldn't charge me for the cost of it. Sigh. Finally, the other desk staff suggested looking in storage. After a while, someone arrived at the door with a bed. They knocked and, when we answered, left. We managed to pull the bed into the room but were unable to unfold it -- it would not fit in the small spaces between the beds and the walls. The bed was also in terrible shape -- missing one of four wheels and at least one slat. We finally pulled the mattress off and stuffed it between the bed and sliding glass window. We will NEVER stay at this location again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kzkmama
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My friend and I had to write an exam at loyalist college. This hotel was convenient to the 401 as well as good local restaurants. It is an older hotel but clean and comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. Surprising though, she asked if I wanted Smoking or Non?

Room Tip: Phone hotel direct for best rate
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Spacious room, clean and quiet, comfortable, good breakfast, good rates, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly and avoid central reservations. You will get a better rate.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I booked our rooms (we got 2 adjoining rooms) on the phone and when I arrived to check us in, the rooms (both with 2 double beds) were different rates. When I asked the clerk about it, she stated that I had been quoted the wrong rate for both rooms - wouldn't move the higher rate to the lower rate (which would have been the best customer service as the lower rate was the one I was quoted) and had some real attitude.

The rooms were dingy. There were sticky areas on surfaces and the one of the bathrooms had a faint urine smell (questionable on the cleaning). When my husband went to ice (we were on the ground floor), the ice machine on the 1st floor wasn't working so he had to go up one floor to get some. Also, the pop machines on both floors weren't stocked and were empty of 2 out of the 4 pops ON BOTH FLOORS. When he went to the lobby to ask about it, the clerk was absolutely disinterested.

The service was marginal and honestly not worth what we paid to stay by far. Won't go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cynicked
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
TownePlace Suites Belleville
Ramada Trenton
Ramada Trenton
#4 of 7 in Trenton

Been to Comfort Inn Belleville? Share your experiences!