“Not impressed”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Toronto, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I booked our rooms (we got 2 adjoining rooms) on the phone and when I arrived to check us in, the rooms (both with 2 double beds) were different rates. When I asked the clerk about it, she stated that I had been quoted the wrong rate for both rooms - wouldn't move the higher rate to the lower rate (which would have been the best customer service as the lower rate was the one I was quoted) and had some real attitude.

The rooms were dingy. There were sticky areas on surfaces and the one of the bathrooms had a faint urine smell (questionable on the cleaning). When my husband went to ice (we were on the ground floor), the ice machine on the 1st floor wasn't working so he had to go up one floor to get some. Also, the pop machines on both floors weren't stocked and were empty of 2 out of the 4 pops ON BOTH FLOORS. When he went to the lobby to ask about it, the clerk was absolutely disinterested.

The service was marginal and honestly not worth what we paid to stay by far. Won't go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cynicked

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this Comfort Inn on May 19 and 20, 2010. Everything about the hotel met our expectations. It was very clean and relatively modern - we had a nice flat screen TV in our room. The staff at the front desk and at breakfast was efficient and quite friendly. While the breakfast sitting area was small, we had no trouble finding a seat at 8:00 a.m.. The breakfast itself was the standard Comfort Inn fare of cereal, toast, bagels and hard-boiled eggs. It was neatly presented and refreshed regularly.

My only complaints relating to this hotel relate to the poor quality of the wireless internet connection (I had to eventually take my computer to the lobby to get an adequate signal for a connection) and the evening noise of some of the guests. During our stay, it seemed that a number of railroad construction workers were also staying at this Comfort Inn. They tended to be rather loud, particularly in the early morning. This was made worse by the fact that our room (242) was near a hallway ice machine. When used, it was very loud. Some people felt the need to get ice at 2:00 a.m. while at 6:30 a.m., some of the construction workers seemed to be filling coolers with ice, causing a long noisy session. This interrupted our sleep on both nights.

However, if you can get a room away from the ice machines, you will likely find this to be a good Comfort Inn of expected quality.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dbakerca
paulci, Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent visit.
I'm glad to hear that you found our service and cleanliness to your
satisfaction and do apologize for the noise caused by the ice machine on both
mornings which interrupted your rest. I'll be looking into the possibility of
adding sound-proofing to the ice machine alcove to reduce this problem based
on your informative comments.
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed March 7, 2010

It was nice to have a room with a bed and sofa, which gave more room as well as a comfortable place to sit to watch TV. Room was also well set up for computer usage, with comfortable, adjustable chair, well-lighted work space and convenient electrical outlet. Housekeeping satisfactory, bed comfortable, front desk staff friendly. Continental breakfast was fine, breakfast room was tiny and cramped.

Room price seemed high if this is a 2 star hotel as TA suggests, but perhaps that is the standard for this town.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ronw
paulci, Manager at Comfort Inn Belleville, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
Thank you for your review of your stay with us.
I was very pleased to see that you found the majority of all aspects of
your visit to your satisfaction and hope to see you again upon your next visit
to Belleville.
Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We loved the Comfort Inn Belleville. The staff was very pleasant and helpful from the time we made our reservation until the time we checked out. Our room was comfortable and very clean. As we are seniors we loved that we could get a groundfloor room with a patio door, it was so convenient. We enjoyed the continental breakfast, it had a great selection. The hotel was very conveniently located near lots of shopping and restaurants, we are looking forward to returning in the summer.

• Liked — the staff and the loaction
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BoBurt
Thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful comments.
We are always striving to meet and to exceed guest expectations
and love to hear when we have done just that. We look forward to
seeing you on your next visit.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Belleville for 2 nights in June 2007. It was a moderately hot weekend (around 20 - 28 degrees Celsius) but it was hotter inside the hotel most of the time. The a/c in the room worked, but not well enough to keep the room cool. The hallways were stiffling.

The bathroom was pretty clean but the tub definitely needed new cocking. Other than that the room was in pretty good shape. Newer bedding and surpriseingly great pillows.

The staff were ok. I spoke with one housekeeper who was very helpful but the front desk person was pretty useless but nice nonetheless.

The breakfast that is included consists of bagels, muffins, juice, coffee/tea, hard boiled eggs, toast and cereal. Decent for a continental breakfast but not the best I've seen.

• Liked — Decent location and good price.
  • Disliked — A/C not working, lots of stairs, no gym/pool/spa/etc.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kristy31
Thank for your review of your stay.
Regarding the air conditioning deficiency in your room I'd like to
pass along that we have upgraded these units in the majority of
the hotel, and plan on having all units completed in 2010.

Travelers are raving about these Belleville hotels

Ottawa
Reviewed July 26, 2006

I stayed with my family (4) as well as my parents(2). We had booked the room directly with the hotel and had requested connecting rooms. When we arrived at the hotel I was unable to receive a clear answer as to if the rooms were indeed connecting or not. I had to ask 3 times before getting a straight answer besides "I think so". When we arrived at the rooms I noticed that the carpets appeared to not have been vacuumed since their was snack depris from the previous guest still on the floor. The grout in the bathroom had spots of black from mold. In the morning I went to the continental breakfast to get coffee for the family and toast for the kids and the coffee was empty and the toast had flies buzzing around it. When I went to the desk to ask about more coffee I had to wait until the desk person and a housekeeper finished gossiping before I was addressed even though they saw me standing there.
We stayed here as a stop for our family on vacation and all I wanted to do was leave as quick as possible.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and Service
  • Tips/Secrets — Choose a newer hotel in the area
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank rreeaall
Thanks for your review of your stay, and for the opportunity to
apologize for the sub-standard experience.
Should you be travelling to the Belleville area in future and would
offer us the opportunity to demonstarte our typical level of hospitality
please feel free to contact me directly.
Paul Armstrong
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 10, 2005

staff was excellent we were very tired on arrival & the staff took great care to get us in a room & settled quickly. Room was very clean and continental breakfast had a great variety of food

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for the compliments posted here.
We love to hear it when we've met or surpassed guest
expectations.
Hope to see you again sometime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Best Western Belleville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Belleville
Travelodge Trenton
Travelodge Trenton
#1 of 7 in Trenton

Been to Comfort Inn Belleville? Share your experiences!