“Great location, clean, comfortable and good rates”

Best Western Belleville
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Toronto, Oman
“Great location, clean, comfortable and good rates”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We always stay here for family get-togethers. Love the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The only complaint we have is the elevator smells like an outhouse. We have complained a number of times, during previous stays, and it has never been corrected.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lawrenceburg, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel has the most comfortable beds, they are soft like I like, their pillows are awesome, soft and squishy like I like, the sink area in the bathroom is so big and can hold all of my makeup and hair items. Love it!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a typical Best Western hotel with very comfortable beds and staff that were helpful---especially trying to figure out how to use the new key card. My main concern with this hotel is the cleanliness. The elevator had a stench to it when I arrived and by the next day it still wasn't any better and the room looked clean on the outside but all the baseboards had dust bunnies. When I went into the bathroom the ledge on the sink area was thick in dust. I used a wet tissue and wiped it off. If the cleaning staff is careless about things like that it makes a person wonder what else is missed or just covered up. The breakfast was okay--the best part was the toast as the eggs tasted like cardboard. Overall if the cleaning staff could step up and do a better job and they could fix the stench in the elevator I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank HappyWanderer9
Sudbury
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was our first time staying in a Best Western and I would not recommend staying at this hotel - it's not a hotel, it's a motel actually. Upon entering the motel, it has an old apartment feel. It's like walking into a basement that is musty. You will find that there is a musty smell throughout the building and the elevator will carry the continental breakfast smell the entire day. The room we booked also had a bathroom with the constant smell of a backed up toilet. The smell was so bad that we kept the door closed with the light/fan running at all times. Going back to check in, when I arrived, the room and card keys were ready. I handed the front desk clerk my Visa and she proceed to answer and speak on the telephone during my entire check in. I actually didn't really know whether to wait until she was done on the phone or proceed to go up to the room when I received the card keys. Upon first glance, the motel looked like it didn't have an elevator - it was tucked behind a ramp to get to the first floor rooms. So, I carried up my heavy bags up all the stairs all the while the two front desk staff clerks watched me struggle. When I reached the second floor, I passed the elevator and that's how I found out that there was an elevator - wasn't impressed. I walk into my room and smell the bathroom - just awful. The room also had carpets that needed a good cleaning and the beds were doubles, not the standard queen. The sheets were very thin - like sleeping with a comforter the thickness of a sheet. The television didn't have many channels and it was spaced across from one of the beds rather than in the middle. If you wanted to watch the television from the far bed, you wouldn't have been able to as it was encased in a wall unit style stand. The room was pretty small and wouldn't accommodate a family of 4. There wasn't any room to walk around the beds - definitely the smallest room I've ever stayed in. The room was much better suited for only 2 people. The room service cleaning was poor on the first day and didn't show up on the second day - even when I placed the sign to clean the room. I had to call down to the front desk at 5:30 p.m. and wait in the lobby for the room to be cleaned. The cleaning crew didn't wipe down the surfaces, change the bedding, nor vacuum the carpets even when I asked for a full service cleaning. I knew the surfaces weren't wipe down because I had spilled a little bit of makeup powder. When I cleaned it, there was a little residue left, that wasn't cleaned until the final day - the day I complained of course. The breakfast was included, but wasn't a deluxe breakfast by any means. The first day, I made waffles for my daughter and I had cereal. The eggs and the sausage did not look like it was fresh and there wasn't any options for fruit other than whole apples - the yogurt offered wasn't of good selection either. The coffee was however, surprisingly good. The second day there had been a hockey team that stayed and so breakfast was non existent. The cups, cutlery and juice were all empty and not replenished. When a breakfast is included in the price, there should be an attendant there restocked and cleaning the tables. If you wanted a clean table - good luck. The final night was horrible as the motel was busy, you could hear so much noise. The walls are paper thin, so if someone else is staying there, you are going to hear everything - from the hangers in the closet, talking between guests, the television and the shower/washroom. There was also a hockey team that stayed on our final night who were extremely loud and obnoxious from 8:00 p.m. until after 2:00 a.m. - running through the halls, banging on the walls, playing in the elevator, the parents yelling in the hallway...etc I called the front desk three times to complain and on the final call I was told that there policy is to be quiet past 11:00 p.m., which I find ridiculous. There is a certain standard of noise in a motel - try to be quiet in the halls and be respectful of other guests. We ended up visiting another family at the Holiday Inn Express in Belleville and we should have stayed there. It was the nicest hotel in that area - the other hotels are pretty dumpy and expensive. You are better off paying a little more and staying at the Holiday Inn Express. If you know that you are staying there ahead of time, book at that hotel right away to save more. The only good thing about the Best Western was the location - being right across from the Quinte Mall. Other than that, this is a dump. I felt like I was back in a dorm room in college. Upon check out I told the front desk clerk about the terrible stay we had and she said that since I prepaid there wasn't much they could do, but she insisted that she would tell her manager and maybe they could offer me a credit. Have I heard from them? No, of course not...do not stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tinkerbella4
Iroquois, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I traveled to Belleville the day before a business meeting and selected the Best Western because it was the hotel closest to and within easy walking distance of the Quinte Mall. I was able to fill a few hours at this quite excellent shopping center. I was only in the hotel one night but the room was clean and while the furnishings and carpet were tired the staff was cheery and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was disappointing. The scrambled eggs were dry and badly over salted. I had a few bites before abandoning my plate and heading out to seek a restaurant.
The pool looked pleasant and I regretted not packing a bathing suit.

Room Tip: A room on the first floor was good.