“Sleeping wasn't easy but I can recommend this hotel all the same” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Belleville

BEST WESTERN Belleville
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belleville
Ottawa, Canada
“Sleeping wasn't easy but I can recommend this hotel all the same”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I took some time to think about how to write this review. We did not have a good experience here, but I cannot fault the hotel for it and therefore, will recommend. We picked this facility as a stop-over only, as we were visiting Sandbanks and left it too late to find decent accommodations in Picton. We knew the Best Western chain and the price was reasonable. Very easy to find and great access. Our check-in was smooth and friendly - enough (free) parking, and the Wi-Fi (free) worked well. The room was nothing special - average and expected - and clean. TV worked well. On all those points, I can recommend the hotel. We went out for the evening, returning very late, after 11pm. Unfortunately, here is where my "bad experience" started, although like I said, I cannot fault the hotel, not really. In the room next to us, the occupants were having a VERY LOUD party - complete with yelling, swearing, music, banging, loud voices, loud laughter, etc. I knew we would not be able to sleep (it was getting onto midnight then) so I went the front desk to ask for a new room. The gentleman working the front desk (Michael I believe his name was) gets full kudos from me for excellent, professional customer service (another reason I can recommend the hotel) - he promptly moved us to another room down the hall. While we could still hear the partying guests from the new room, they were somewhat muted - enough for us to try to sleep anyway. I'm surprised more people didn't complain, actually (or maybe they did) - we can normally sleep through anything and are fairly tolerance of disturbances in hotels. However, unfortunately, though the party noise was a bit lessened, our new room must have been facing the road or a service entrance or something because it was so noisy with trucks and such all night. Again, maybe I was just being extra sensitive or grumpy because normally that doesn't bug me. And the beds seemed incredibly hard and uncomfortable to me, though the rest of my family slept without issue once we moved rooms. Breakfast (free) was enough to fill us up for driving, and the service at both breakfast, and check-out, was pleasant. To the hotel's credit, I should also say that when I completed the standard post-occupancy Best Western survey, telling them about the noise/need to change rooms, I did receive (not expected, but definitely appreciated) a personal email from the company with apologies and a request for direct contact for a future stay. That is excellent customer service and shows that they really do value their guests, even if unfortunately the night we were there they had some inconsiderate ones. Will I stay there again when we are next in the area? Probably. But might bring earplugs, just in case! As far as Belleville itself goes, I don't know what is there. Other than spending our time in PIcton and Sandbanks, we only went over to the Quinte mall for a bit of shopping, but nothing else.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank clamc40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The only reason we reserved at this hotel was because it was the closest chain hotel from Sandbanks beach. Overall the hotel was clean and the room was comfortable. They have all the amenities expected from a Best Western, including free parking, free breakfast and free wifi.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guelph
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed in several hotels this summer and this was the best of the lot. From arrival to departure, everyone (and I mean everyone) we encountered at this hotel was friendly and caring. Front desk staff, house keeping, breakfast workers and the girl cleaning the elevator as we left - all of them were concerned with making sure we had everything that we needed and enjoyed our stay. Of all the breakfasts we have had in hotels, this one was as tasty as any (kids loved the mini waffles) and well laid out in a large, open space which was comfortable for all. Even the TV was tuned to a kid friendly station and not the news as it is in most hotels (and one never knows what will come up on the news). Pool was a tad cold, but other than that, this place was perfect...pool even had a few beach balls for the kids to use, which they loved. Can't remember the last time I felt so at home in a hotel...this staff should be commended.

Welland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Easy to get to, stop here every time we drive up to Quebec as a mid way point. No Internet or cable when we checked in (city outage) but the front desk employee handled himself well. Clean and Comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We appreciate free parking and a clean room and this is what we found at Belleville Best Western. Our bedroom had ceramic tiles covering the entrance instead of a filthy carpet. They have a big pool and provide a HOT breakfast. You are also 15 minutes from the wineries in Prince Edward County. The information centre close by gives you free maps with all the wineries! Had a great time there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Sylvie L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while driving through into Prince Edward County. This hotel was clean and had a cozy atmosphere (free breakfast, wide-screen TV, indoor pool/whirlpool). I like when the hotel price includes a continental breakfast !

Athough the breakfast was average with the usual waffle maker not as good as the one we had used in Syracuse. But this is great for international travellers and prices are always cheaper on a Thurs night or Fri night. Great place to stay if you want to go to Sandbanks the next day - only a 30 min drive to the beach !

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if you want a quiet room and arrive early during the busy season - we went in...