Spicers Sangoma Retreat
Pioneer Way Motel(Faulconbridge)
Windsor Motel(Windsor)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewssangoma retreatspecial weekendfrench champagnematching winesyear wedding anniversaryplunge poolbush settingdining experienceaustralian busheach mealblue mountainsfood and winelittle touchesmini bartent suitelog firekahuna massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were greeted by the calming brown eyes of Michael who led us into his home and sanctuary Sangoma. Our suite was an eclectic mix of earthy tones , warmth and style. The outdoor surroundings were cleverly meshed with the indoors. Michael and Zengas love of their retreat is so evident it's intoxicating and you cannot help but embrace their passion and realize how lucky you were to have spent time there.
Food by Zenga this weekend coined the phrase "soul food" as it is just that. Clean , healthy , nourishing and made from the heart. In one meal we ate from many countries and learned a lot about food travel and life experiences from our humble learned and inspiring hosts.
Do yourselves a favour and take a spiritual massage whilst you're there. In our 3 days we've felt like we've had a long holiday, the only downside is that it ended..
Laura and Kiril Ruvinsky.

• Stayed: October 2012
sang0ma, Owner at Spicers Sangoma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Wow ,thanks guys .We are very very lucky to have the support of such generous folks like you .Its the first time we have had Landmark people staying with us ,my god its easy to contribute to people in the know .You made our jobs not only easy but fun !
Also the first people ever to notice the soft brown eyes of the kindest most generous person i have ever met or will likely ever meet .My life partner Pod as i call him (Pod is a baby cow ..........soft brown eyes ) we love ya ta !

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Its peaceful and ever so quiet, the accomodation is spectacular-stylish and luxurious. The meals are a work of art-outstandingly delicious, thoughtful and nurturing. I had a massage ( which I generally don't like) which was just beautiful and healing. But the best part for me is Michael and Zenga themselves who are warm and thoughtful hosts. I left there feeling like I had made two new friends-the thing is I bet everybody else did too.
Two days there feels like you have been away for a month. Its a MUST

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
sang0ma, Owner at Spicers Sangoma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We are totally thrilled you and your gorgeous hubby got all Sangoma has to offer .Thank you for your thoughtful loving review .
We admit we tend to fall in love with most of our guests ,especially when they recognize the efforts we go to make it a good stay for them . Most of our guests .
Sadly however its not all ways the case ,all to often we find people who remain tight lipped and suspicious .Its much harder for us to contribute to folks like that and all we can do is hope that ,in time when they have gleaned more travel experience they will realize its not the way to behave if you want to be pampered and treated with the extra love of a person who just wants the best for their guests .
You are someone who has experienced a myriad of fantastic high end resorts and have come to the realization that without the human touch they are all just that ... just another high end
resort , costing your wallet and not feeding your soul .
You will always be an honored guest and friend of Sangoma ,which is Michael and Zenga . We both fell in love with your generosity charm and beauty ..... we cant wait for you to come back .

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were given a wedding gift of a weekend at Sangoma.
This was the most spectacular retreat that i have ever visited.
The friendliness and hospitality of the owners was overwhelming.
The attention to detail in the accomodation,architecture,furnishings,was nothing short of spectacular.
And the food....ahhh the food...was perhaps the best I have ever tasted...
Fantastic weekend....very restorative.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeff k
sang0ma, Owner at Spicers Sangoma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Wow guys ,thanks you for such a glowing review ,it makes our old hearts sing to receive such affirmative accolade to something we love doing .We TOTALLY loved your warm ,charming and appreciative company and wish all our guests were like you .
Please come back on often ,we missed you when you left and miss you now !love Michael and Zenga

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My partner and I were lucky enough to stay at Sangoma a couple of weeks ago, it is truly wonderful on so many levels. Michael and Zenga make it what it is, without them it wouldn't be such a special place. Aesthetically it is stunning, I loved everything about the design and materials used. The food is an experience in itself, Zenga is the master of all things culinary while Michael makes you feel so at home by just being himself, I felt like I was hanging out at a friends house despite never having met the boys before. The peace and quiet was what resonated with me, such a rarity in our lives. It is such a beautiful place to stay, I don't feel I can really do it justice in the written word, you have to go and experience it for yourself. I can honestly say that I have thought about it everyday since leaving, I miss it, the boys and of course Punda. You have to experience this divine place, it is the perfect place to go and check out of reality for a couple of days, we are definitely going back, how could you not?

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chief Suite which was the perfect home for 2 days, I could live in that suite quite happily, possibly the most stunning bathroom and view you'll ever find.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
sang0ma, Owner at Spicers Sangoma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Oh Lady Fleur , thank you so much for all your sweet honest observations ,we are so grateful for the time and effort you took in writing us such a beautiful review .Please make sure you come back soon !

Reviewed September 25, 2012

In a not so far far away land is the world of Sangoma (if you live in Sydney!). If you are ever lucky enough to travel there you will find an idyllic world transformed literally from a tyrants castle by two magicians, Michael and Zenga.
Not unlike Alice travelling down the rabbit hole, we drove through Sangomas gates into a world in which the air seemed cleaner, the water purer, the food, aaaah the food, simply delectable! Time stood still for us. The stresses of everyday life seemed to instantly drift away like woodsmoke on a calm breeze.
Before we new it we had settled into our new home for the weekend, it was too easy.
The boys, as we affectionately and collectively called them, have a mantra, "we worry about your relaxation, you shouldn't have to", wow!
Our magical haven, was a magnificently appointed big studio apartment called the Chief. Clever use of African Asian themed decor gave the place a distinctive character. It was inviting, homely, it screamed, very softly of course, 'comfort!' It was also different, interesting and revitalising in its own special way. It was all to easy to laze away a day without leaving the room! But one must eat to sustain one's stamina for absorning more of this loveliness.
The art of food, Zenga is a master, it is different, exciting, moreish, and importantly for me plentiful. There is a story in every dish. Food is art at Sangoma.
The conversation, weaving of spells is their skill, they can steal time! Magical storys, great conversation if you so wish to engage. It would be your loss not to spend time with them and be granted a glimpse of their personal magic.
"Mind readers", I thought time and again. Michael has a gift of knowing when to be there and importantly when not. So many in this business have missed out on this this "radar", its a truly magical skill.
The location is rich in nature, architecture, decor, music and artwork, books and memorabilia. The "boys" have put all of their collective magic onto this wonderland retreat!
When the time to leave finally comes around I would challenge anyone that on your departure you will not feel like you are leaving something special. Like leaving a dear friend, a childhood fantasy land for grown ups......
Did I tell you Sangoma means witch-doctor (I think its a Zulu word), mmmmmm was there some sort of happy potion slipped to me on arrival.......it seemed too good.
Thank you guys!
Andrea and Greville.

Room Tip: dont stress they are all good!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GInghamNSW
sang0ma, Owner at Spicers Sangoma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

We sent a not of thanks for your unbelievable review ,and i cant find it anywhere .So here goes again ,i hope i am not repeating ourselves .
Your review was written so dam well it brought tears to our tired old eyes .The thing is we felt so emotional because you were both our most favorite guests for ages !We loved hosting you and all we can say is come back soon please
and THANK YOU !!! lol