“Simple, Good Value, Excellent Service”
Review of Debb's Place

Debb's Place
Ranked #56 of 537 Restaurants in Barrie
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Have been here a few times and would recommend it for a comfortable, unpretentious atmosphere with a good menu and decent prices. On my last trip there, the thing that really sold me was our waitress....incredibly friendly and set the tone for a great experience.

1  Thank SCH2013

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been here 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years, when we visit my mother who lives in Barrie. We've had both breakfast and lunch (not open for dinner) and the food has always been of good quality and ample portions. This is basic menu items, nothing fancy, but if you are in the mood for what used to be known as "a square meal", then this is an ideal restaurant to visit. Good, friendly service, and Debb herself is usually around keeping an eye on things and chatting up the customers.

1  Thank CashandCarry
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My friend and I went to Debbs Place today and found the menu a little high for a family restaurant.

We ordered the two eggs, sausage and home fries breakfast and were disappointed. The three sausages were very thin and judging by the lousy taste were of cheap quality. The home fries were deep fried and overcooked. After being offered a choice of toast by the waitress, we later discovered that they charge extra for rye. (The waitress should have told us that, but didn't) Their coffee is also overpriced.

The restaurant also needs some serious up dating and new seating. The booth we sat at was very uncomfortable with lumpy springs pressing through. Compared to other restaurants offering the same basic breakfast for less and with comfortable seating, this one sadly falls short in both those areas..

The only positive at this restaurant was that the staff were friendly and the service was good. Sorry but we won't be back to this restaurant.

1  Thank Elizabeth04
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Have been there many times and have never had a bad meal or bad service. Once they know your name they recognize you on your next visits. Even my grandsons are hooked and call me to take them to Deb's for wraps. Keep up the great hospitality and great food..........NANA

2  Thank June E
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I haven't had such friendly great service in a while. My friend and I enjoyed a great Taco-chicken salad lunch there recently. There was a lot of tasty chicken in the salad and you could even eat the bowl! The staff mentioned it and then walked by our table with someone else's order so we could see what it was. She also told us they will be serving it all summer long even if it isn't mentioned on the specials board.
Can't wait to go back and try breakfast.
This place is worth the side trip off the 400 for Breakfast or lunch as they are only opened till 2 pm daily.

1  Thank CatCZ

Been to Debb's Place? Share your experiences!