“I don't like Sushi but I love Monsoons!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto
“I don't like Sushi but I love Monsoons!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

There is a roll for every eater at Monsoons, even me...who doesn't like sushi. The food tastes so fresh and I could come here every week. My favorite is Monsoon Saishoku with the smoked gouda. Fiesta, chicken pad thai roll , Margaritaville Maki all amazing. We love the lettuce wraps (however a little more chicken would be good!) and my husband the miso soup which was different than your standard miso soup. Spicy - he loved it! If you like martinis, this is the place to come. Atmospheres is comfortable and classy. They often have live music on the weekends.

• Visited February 2013

“Horrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My first time there. I just moved up from Toronto. When I had asked my girlfriend to use the washroom the manager overheard and responded by telling me there was a snow bank outside on the right. This was in front of a row of other customers. I confronted the manager to tell him how offended I was. He apologized with a smirk on his face. Never have I been so offended. Never will I recommend this place to anyone that comes to visit.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Barrie, Canada
“i like my martini dirty.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I went with a couple friends for Martini's and Sushi. Great experience, my wife has been here numerous times but this was only my second visit. Our server was fantastic, professional and curteous (what more could you ask for) The martini's were fantastic and the sushi was amazing (try the chicken curry sushi).

The leather seats, and lounge like feel made it a place that we will return to again very soon.

But really, don't go there, we don't want it to get to busy because then we'll have to wait a long time for a seat.

Victor

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Vbox123
Barrie, Canada
“Great Christmas Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We recently had a christmas get together at the Mosoons in downtown Barrie....the food they provided was very good and I was so amazed that they could produce such great sushi in what has to be the tiniest kitchen in the world!!!!!They must have a very good chef!!
The mixed drinked drinks and Martinis were also well done...by two very professioal bar staff....who took very good care of us all...so thanks...and we will go back.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Lynnec4
“Leather and Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

This place ROCKS! The combination of leather chairs, upscale clientele and fantastic Sushi makes this my new favorite lounge. The martini's are awesome and the service is impecable. It is nice to see a bar/lounge in the city that is not over run with the college kids, I think the price point of the place keeps them out.

Well done Monsoon lounge, we will be back for many a return visit.

• Visited December 2011