“Upscale Mall Dining”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 524 Restaurants in Barrie
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bayfield
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I were shopping this last rainy Saturday afternoon and decided lunch was necessary to keep us going. Not that many restaurant choices right at Georgian Mall but we saw Moxie's and went in not expecting much. What a great surprise/keeper this is. Yes it's a chain but in this case they use that to their advantage.
Excellent atmosphere; very nice and knowledgeable staff, and very good food. We split the seared tuna appetizer - yummy and then had a salad and hamburger. I can't think of anything that would have made it better. It was perfect for what we needed and wanted on that rainy day. We live in Orillia and will definitely keep this on our list of great restaurants. Looking forward to having dinner there.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you don't mind chain restaurants than hit up Moxie's. The atmosphere was very nice and their menu has a good selection of choices. We would go back .

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went to Moxie's for lunch after a rainy Saturday at the Georgian Mall and were greeted by a friendly hostess. Our waiter was vey good, personable & know the menu well. I ordered from the brunch menu - a Mediterranean scrambled egg dish. Unfortunately when it came, it had cooled & the eggs were rubbery. Our waiter immediately took my plate away & returned a short while later with a steaming plate of food. As well, there were two other people -I assume one of whom was a manager because neither introduced themselves - who came by to apologize for the cold food. My meal was excellent, as was everyone else's and when I came time to pay the bill, they did not charge me! This, to me is a mark of good customer service & certainly ensures that I will return to Moxie's. The food, the décor, the service and staff were all excellent! As an added feature ladies, you really need to check out the ladies' room - it is everything you would want at home & more!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife, daughter and I went to supper at Moxie's on a Thursday night. Immediately greeted by a very friendly hostess, who gave us our choice of seating. Within a very short time, out waitress Catrinna showed up at our table and took our drink order. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and the ingredients that were in each dish. We started our meal with an order of crab cakes and the mosaic dip. The crab cakes were tasty and the dip was fantastic. We had the peppercorn steak, the herb roasted chicken and the mustard and dill salmon and split a satorini salad. All portions were very big with lots of fresh cooked vegetables and cooked just right. Our final bill averaged about $50.00 per person, which was reasonable given the restaurant. The atmosphere was very nice, the music a bit loud but our waitress Catrinna made our evening out an excellent dining experience.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I usually don't go for chain restaurants but Moxies was open late and I needed a place to go for some late night apps and a drink or two. The service was wonderful and they made us feel welcome even though we were late entering the restaurant. The drinks were good and the apps we ordered looked and tasted freshly made which was a nice surprise when I was expecting the usual prefrozen fare.

We ordered the scallop/crab cakes that were nicely flavoured and spiced, the calamari which I was pleased to find both the rings and the tentacles, the potstickers and the avacado spring rolls. All the food was hot, flavourful and filling.

Great late night snack place!