“Good Italian food at $15- $20 prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

East Side Mario's
Ranked #103 of 499 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Hey Budda Boom Budda Bing! We are the Home of All-You-Can-Eat soup or salad and garlic home loaf and offer delicious Italian meals at great value. At East Side Mario’s your family is our family and we are committed to deliver Amore in everything we do!
Burlington, Ontario
“Good Italian food at $15- $20 prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This East Side was busy at dinner time but the turnaround was quick for seating and the service was great. The calamari fritte appetizer was pasty and undercooked but all the pasta entrees were delicious. The meal came with warm, fresh italian loaves and because we all had garden salads ordered, they served it in a large bowl and asked us if more was required when it was gone, same as the bread. It is located next to the Super 8 hotel which is convenient, if staying there.

Visited May 2013

Sudbury, Canada
“Gluten Free ??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited ESM not expecting but pleasantly surprised to see a gluten free menu. I ordered from this menu after checking with my friend just to make sure, because it also has to be dairy free so no cheese, I ordered a gluten free pasta with chicken and a putanesca(?) sauce. I was really surprised when i was offered the option of soup or salad. I ordered the soup "Italian wedding" assuming it was gluten free right?? then when the waitress brought the bread to the table I thought Oh Oh!!! Then when she showed up with my meal I was kind of shocked to see a white sauce, oh well. I ate it. Checked with her again "this is gluten free right?" she assured me that it was. But the bill was for Chicken Tetrazzini and no mention of gluten free, the price alone said it all. Everything on the gluten free menu was more expensive. Well I had a tummy ache for several hours. My advise ....if you order Gluten Free make sure the waitress understands the meaning of it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Barrie, Canada
“Improvement needed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

the food was average (a bit on the salty side), the service was lacking, and the price was high. I would not go back

Visited September 2012
Barrie, Canada
“Good for the type of restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for "fine food" this is not the place, but for a good regular restaurant, it is good. Great lunch deals. All you can eat bread and soup or salad with dinner is good. I love their salad and bread! If you like Molson products, this is not your place! Pasta's are good, large portions

Visited January 2013
Toronto
“worst quality of food ever in an East Side Marios”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

ok, so we definitely don't come here for the Italian food as there isn't really anything reminescent of Italian food at this place, but we came because it was located right next to our hotel. BIG dissapointment in the food area, very pleasant experience due to the lovely staff and atmosphere. the food however, bland, bland and burnt. I ordered the salmon, which came charred and tasted burnt. My husband ordered the steak which was equally bland. the portions very very small and the food very tasteless. we also shared calamari which was rubbery and seemed to be very old. My daughter had some pasta, which was pretty good. the italian wedding soup was great and the salad was standard. overall the mains were terrible but everytihng else was ok.

• Visited December 2012