“All Was Great Until the Prime Rib Was Served” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Barrie, Ont
“All Was Great Until the Prime Rib Was Served”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a great dining experience with appetizers, salads and finally the main courses.The beef souvlaki was very good however the prime rib, that was supposed to be done medium well, was done very well, thin and fatty. I would have to say that this was the worst cut of meat I have eaten in years.
Service was attentive and polite.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

“Our favourite restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Classic old time dining, we've been several times, and always enjoy it. If you are celebrating a special occasion, or enjoy a nice relaxing meal, this is the place to go. Melt in your mouth steak, and the best lobster ever! Wonderful service from professional and friendly staff. Those that head to the keg need to try Town and Country!

4 Thank Shelly W
Barrie, Canada
“Great Food ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Last night I took my husband to Town & Country for his birthday. My husband had the 16 oz. New York Steak - excellent - and I had the filet mignon and escargots - both excellent. The food was excellent but the service was very slow, and two of the items we ordered for dinner were forgotten.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank diorkate
Penetanguishene, Canada
“Old school dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our evening, the chateaubriand was cooked to perfection, the vegetables were superb. The restaurant is an old fashion style of dining where the maître'd addresses you by name all evening. Our service could have been better the waiter apologized as he was new and he was so sincere and amusing it all seemed ok. We were surprised with a free dessert from the maître'd and again we had no complaints.

Visited February 2014
Windsor, Canada
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A large group of us attended for dinner for a bachelor party, there were 11 people in total, and I believe only one person liked their meal.
Once seated we were served garlic bread, which was amazing, unfortunately the experience went downhill from there.
The soup was ok, but nothing to write home about. The real disappointment was when the entrees came. I ordered a New York strip steak and it was terrible, the steak was much tougher than I expected. Not sure where they buy their meat, but I buy better steaks at Costco....I make way better steaks at home, so definately annoyed when I go out and pay a lot money for a terrible meal. To make matters worst, at least 3 of us were served the wrong potato, once they tried to correct the problem they had to advise us that they were now out of mashed potatoes.
A couple of people in my party ordered the prime rib, it looked awful, it was very well done and looked like a slice of pot roast. Just a terrible experience all around. If you want a place with great garlic bread, stop by, but don't expect a great steak !!!!

• Visited January 2014