“Must visit”

Ranked #16 of 535 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Description: Groovy Tuesday’s Bistro is a serene and understated oasis in the heart of downtown Barrie. The open concept kitchen enhances the memorable dining experience in the intimate 30-seat dining room adorned by local artwork. Groovy Tuesday’s reputation is built on its food, but cemented by a strong commitment to service. Attentive, sensitive and knowledgeable, the dining room staff is dedicated to upholding the highest standards. Because of the restaurants unflagging commitment to the best possible and locally produced ingredients, menus at Groovy Tuesday’s are written seasonally and are accompanied by a wine list which offers a wide range of exclusive labels by the glass. Groovy Tuesday’s Bistro will offer catering solutions for your special event, whether it is at your home or at the restaurant. The restaurant is available to be booked exclusively for private functions of twenty or more guests.
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I visited this fabulous bistro with my girlfriends last night, and was really impressed. I loved the fact that the kitchen was open for all patrons to view, the chef was willing to make dietary restrictions an option, and the food was fresh and very good. I would be more than happy to return next time I'm up in Barrie!! Great job guys :)

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went in for lunch with a colleague. From the other reviews, I'd say go for dinner.
I get it...healthy eating - but does it have to be boring?
No salt on table or offered and if there was ever food that needed salt, this was it! Menu items and specials were very healthy and very boring. We both opted for the burger (REALLY boring) and one had soup/one had salad....everything was fresh, wholesome, service was great and apparently business is good. Really glad for your success folks, but I won't be back until something with flavour appears on the menu!

2  Thank Chris O
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Superb menu with fresh and healthy foods creating delicious meals. Lovely atmosphere with excellent wine choices. Highly recommended for lunch or dinner. Chefs work within view of patrons. Wonderful team provides exceptional service.

melanie b, Owner at Groovy Tuesday'S Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the restaurant. We appreciate your business and are so grateful you took the time to tell us about your experience. We hope to see you again soon.
Cheers Melanie

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

On a friends recommendation we had dinner here & were completely amazed! Certainly the best meal we have had out from our appetizers of tacos, grilled calamari to main course of lobster risotto with seared scallops & sweet potato ravioli to our desserts....tasty! Great wine selection and the service was excellent!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a spectacular meal! A friend and I both have food allergies and the restaurant was most accommodating. Everything was fresh and delicious. I had duck and my friend had the pickerel--both were excellent.

Great service. We would certainly return