“Top notch food service and entertainment”

Kenzington Burger Bar
Ranked #9 of 501 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barrie, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch food service and entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We went in with a group of 6 for a freinds birthday. We planned on having dinner and then going out on the town for dancing. Turns out we didn't have to leave to fulfil our plans for the night. First off the food was great, I had a PB&J burger (without the J) the peanut butter went great together with the bacon and the patty (with was a Prime Rib beef patty, awesome). for a side I got the poutine and it was also good. You could tell that the fries were fresh cut, which I confirmed with my server. Everyone that I was with also enjoyed their food. They had a good selection of beer on tap, not just the typical stuff that you see in most place. I started off with a Cream Ale, by; I believe Muskoka? After that I switched to scotch which they also had a good selection (actually it was just a huge selection of everything behind the bar). I read in other reviews that they had plastic cutlery, that looks to be a thing of the past as we had real cutlery and nice napkins. By the time we were done dinner and ready to head out to dance, our server informed us that their band would be starting soon. I forget the name of the band but the were really good playing a mix of music from the 90's right up to newer stuff. Great night out (we don't get those very often). Thanks to Kensingtons staff and the band, you made our night. Highly recommended!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank katelynn6090

“very satisfied............”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lots of menu choices in a quirky, remodeled 1870s bank building. Inside is a little gloomy, so we ate on the front patio. Service was quick and food very tasty.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank illinois travelere
Toronto, Canada
“Sunday Night Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

A nice surprise - apparently this place has been open for 6 years. It's a smaller pub next to one of the larger downtown Barrie bars. Went on a sunny Sunday night and sat outside. Inside is a little dark (Barrie-ites will recognize this as the old Reggie's Sandwich location). I was really impressed with our waiter, he was quick, attentive and helpful with the menu. I'm quite picky about burgers because I often make my own, but these were excellent. Portion size is just right for what you're paying, though the side salads look small in the bowls. Our waiter steered us away from some of the non-burger items, as burgers are their speciality and the best value for your money. Decent meal on a long weekend evening and it didn't break the bank!

Visited August 2013
“Terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The FOOD was not up to standard,some good items on the menu were not available,the glasses were dirty

• Visited July 2013
Brandon C, Owner at Kenzington Burger Bar, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hi duix!

I'd love to hear more about your experience at our restaurant. Please feel free to e-mail me with more details.

Brandon
brandon@kenzington.ca
Maple Ridge, Canada
“BEST burgers in the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

After moving to Barrie in 2011, it was our mission to find the greatest restaurants that offer fair pricing and quality food. Well, we found the best burger place ever! This place is consistently delicious. My go-to burger is the Rodeo - it is a must try, but beware...it's messy. If you haven't been, you are missing out. Skip the fast food burgers and hit up Kenzingtons!

• Visited June 2013