“BEST BREAKFAST IN BARRIE!! WONDERFUL FRIENDLY OWNERS!”
Review of Salt and Pepper

Salt and Pepper
Ranked #89 of 509 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Korean, International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“BEST BREAKFAST IN BARRIE!! WONDERFUL FRIENDLY OWNERS!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to Salt and Pepper and bringing friends and family here for breakfast for many years, and every visit is as pleasant as the next. If we could, we would have breakfast here everyday! We KNOW we are going to get excellent food and excellent service when we come here, and we would never go anywhere else for breakfast in the Barrie area. Not only is their breakfast by far the tastiest, but it is also very inexpensive. Where else can you get not 2, but 3 eggs for under $6? Not to mention, it comes with a delicious (and generous) arrangement of FRESH fruit instead of the usual greasy hash browns/chips. You will pay at least $10 at Cora's if you want fruit with your breakfast... Let's not forget about the coffee: They serve Reunion Island coffee here, which is our favourite. Although we have not had lunch here many times, what we have had (cabbage rolls, spring rolls, greek salad, broccoli salad, etc.) was delicious, as expected, and also very inexpensive. But most importantly of all: Service, service, service! The owners are so sweet and so friendly and always greet you with a big smile. We will never forget the morning of our honeymoon when we stopped in for breakfast before hitting the road, and the owners so generously sent us off with an amazing take away lunch. We urge you to give Salt and Pepper a try. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited August 2012
8 Thank Melanie M

Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful home cooked breakfast, fabulous value and the most delightful fresh fruit arrangement on every plate.”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We ate here on a quite holiday Monday, so not sure if the decorative fruit arrangement on our plates is done during busy times but it was such a lovly touch and I appreciate the attention to detail. Owners are a lovely couple.French toast is just like my mom makes, not all fussy with presentation but wondeful flavor and sprinkled with cinnamon and icing sugar.

7 Thank kammackintosh
Orillia
“2nd Chance paid off”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I tried Salt and Pepper when they first opened and left very unimpressed. I returned today as I had errands in the area at lunch time. Was I ever glad I decided to give them a second try! Their lunch choices were many, fresh and appealing. The lunch special was a generous portion of my choice of 1 hot items (from about 8 choices) and 2 salad selections from about as many choices for $6.95. Will return again for the lunch special or to try one of the colorful, yummy looking sandwiches or melts.

• Visited May 2012
6 Thank Shirldee
Barrie, Canada
“Great Food, Better People”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I work in the plaza where salt and pepper are located, and i always find myself going over there for lunch! the owners are very sweet, and i always feel good about supporting small restaurants that appreciate our business. Food is amazing, and so is the coffeee!
i recommend the "double deck" sandwich to anyone!

• Visited April 2012
6 Thank colinspencer11
Barrie, Canada
“Amazing; Going again next week!”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Terrific friendly owners who present hearty warm and tasty food and service. It really was a great experience and I would love to have breakfast there every morning! Lunch special was great as well, variety of choices, and very savory.

• Visited February 2011