“An Enjoyable Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Michael & Marion's
Ranked #48 of 458 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: City Center
Ontario, Canada
“An Enjoyable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We went here to take advantage of the recent "Barrielicious" program being offered until June 20th, but we will go back because of the quality of the food and service. Their steak was cooked to perfection, as was the veggies. The Caesar salad was a great starter, but the portions were small, but I think this was the case because of the great deal we got with the "Barrielicious". My husband had a stuffed chicken entree, and he too said it was very good. We sat in the bar section of the restaurant, and there was also a more formal dining area, as well as a patio. I was impressed at how they had no issues with making separate bills on a larger group. Some restaurants make such a big deal of having to divide up bills. The servers were very efficient and knowledgeable regarding the menu. Overall, a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited July 2014

Barrie, Canada
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

A birthday dinner coincided with Barrielicious! As we arrived for dinner we saw one of the servers helping a senior who had walking issues to her car - beyond the call and most impressive. There were 5 in our party and every person was impressed with the whole dining experience. The food was delicious (Leg of lamb, salmon and steak)and creatively plated. The service was impeccable - friendly and helpful without being cloying. The whole ambience was casual and efficient. We would most definitely return for future celebrations!

• Visited July 2014
Barrie, Canada
“Always had a good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here at least 5-6 times now as it near our house. I always enjoy the food...prepared to perfection, served with style and high quality. The Lamb is excellent, but so too are the other dishes. The service is always very good, and I like the vibe of the place. My favourite place in Barrie basically.

Visited April 2014
Mississauga, Canada
“Surprising find for a Mother's Day celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were on our way to cottage country. However, I had forgotten to book a luncheon to celebrate Mother's Day. I quickly found Michael & Marions' on the internet. I telephoned them and they were very accommodating in getting us a table for five on such short notice. When we arrived, the family was immediately escorted to our table in the bar section. As we walked through the dining room, I noticed that all the tables were occupied. The wait staff was very pleasant and helpful. The menu had a good and varied selection of appetizers and main dishes. The food was quite tasty and the portions adequate. The ambiance in the dining room was one of casual elegance while the bar area was more casual but surprisingly quiet and relaxed. The family was very pleased with my last minute selection for a Mother's Day luncheon and asked that we return in the future to sample some of the other delicious items listed on the menu.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Reservation on Mothers Day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Was seated with little wait. Service was good but very disappointed that a table with 5 was given only one tray to share of both starters and desserts included in the Prix Fix. We had to share the same amount the table for 2's were receiving. Hard to believe they could oversight this as it appears to be a cheap tactic in a supposed "upper scale" experience. This experience will make returning a second thought as I'm sure they know better being in business this long.

• Visited May 2014