“Rude waitress”

Dining options: Reservations
barrie, ontario
“Rude waitress”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The waitress was very rude. The food was bland. I ordered lasagne at $21.00 for a small portion. It didn't come with garlic bread or salad. Very highly overpriced. Very little meat and I couldn't see or taste any cheese and tasteless. My friend ordered the cheese ravioli which they didn't have. The waitress recommended another cheese dish which was very bland. The waitress spoke to the manager and when she came back to the table said in a very loud voice: "I've taken it off the bill this time, but we normally don't take it off just because you don't like it, the next time you will have to pay for it." There won't be a next time as far as I'm concerned. When I left, I did not tip the waitress and she made a comment to our friend "what will she do when she lives in a shoe" (whatever that was supposed to mean). What happened to the great value priced food that Ninos used to serve? No wonder there was no one else in the restaurant. There waitress is driving people away.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank centralcustomfoods

Barrie, Canada
“Been going here for decades!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Good, hearty italian grub. Not fine dining but pretty good. Pasta is NOT overcooked. Service is cordial, prices, fair.

Visited May 2012
Barrie ON
“Glad we didn't stay”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had always heard that Nino's was "Barrie's Favourite Italian Restaurant" so as we were in the mood for pasta we gave it a try.
It was early on Sunday afternoon but the place was absolutly empty which seemed odd.
Greeted warmly told to pick our table in a dining room right out of the 1970's. The tables had glass tops added with what seemed like a dried floral arrangement underneath.
We got our menus and for the atmosphere it seemed at least 20% over priced.
We changed our minds got their take out special and went home to enjoy our own wine with dinner (rather than pay $35 for a $12 bottle there). The special was 2 spaghetti with meat sauce, caesar salad and bread (added meat balls but they were pretty bland 3 for $4)
I think the sauce was also bland, had a decent tomato zip to it but that was it. If the rest of the menu was the same I am glad we got take out for $35 rather than eating in and being really disapponted for $100.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank CdnWineLover
“Great Italian”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Great Italian restaurant. Small but very personal service. Great food and large portions.

“Simply lovely”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Had a craving for pasta and my partner suggested we try this little place. It doesn't look like much from the outside, what with the old sign, but the interior is clean, cozy and full of family photos. I prefer this kind of atmosphere over the "cut and paste" chain restaurants. Mind you, I imagine that it would get rather noisy if the restaurant was full, as it had many available tables. Service was prompt and friendly.

The food came in generous servings and was all delicious. The Ceasar salad for two could probably serve 3 very hungry people. My partner and I split a pasta that was similar to a puttanesca, but had mushrooms instead of chilis. It tasted quite fresh, very flavourful -- and the pasta was perfectly cooked. Warm bread, seemingly homemade bread was served with the meal, as well as garlic bread! Lots of food, all just divine. Would definitely recommend, and would definitely return

• Visited December 2011