“Good variety, service needs some work.”

Casa Mia Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 509 Restaurants in Barrie
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Innisfil, Canada
“Good variety, service needs some work.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went with another couple and the menu and specials offered a lot of variety. Our friend was impressed with the seafood dish and the number of mussels on his plate. My chicken el Greco was very tasty but I made the mistake of having the pasta instead of potatoes or rice. The whole plate was smothered in the meat sauce and you could not tell where pasta started and the chicken ended. The meat sauce is very tasty but very filling.

The restaurant was busy as always on a Sunday night and we had to remind the waiter re the bread and water top up.

Make reservations, lots of free parking.

• Visited December 2012

Ottawa, Ontario
“Lots of great food”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is my fourth time visiting Barrie & each time, we've gone to Casa Mia. We love the food & the atmosphere. Service is great. This visit, I was with 3 friends. 3 of the 4 of us loved the food. One liked it but she had the dish served better elsewhere. Good value for money.
Go hungry because the portions are huge.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank penguinlady59
Barrie, Canada
“Lunch with the Girls”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The apmosphere is very appealing very good value for your dollar . Wonderful greek salads with main coarse . Found coffee to be very strong and bitter . My pet peeve the servers . Very reluctant to look after you . Example two needed fill ups one got it the other neglected asked for more cream never got it either.
Management should be aware of staff and how they treat patrons . To me it's not enough to serve food come back ask how it is and never to be seen again. we all made a comment on how we were approached . We all agreed the server was not the greatest but the food was great. Will be go back not for some time

• Visited September 2012
Woodstock, Canada
“Take A Big Appetite!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Casa Mia serves up huge amounts of food, with taste and style. We've been there 3 times, and each time service has been just fine. The menu is mainly Greek and Italian, and the decor is definitely Greek, but in subdued earth tones instead of the more usual blue and white. We find it a nice soothing atmosphere.

Last night I had a pork souvlaki and my partner ordered a red snapper which was a special of the day. The fish was tender, with a nice crisp skin underneath, done just right with minimal lemon butter. The souvlaki appeared to be a whole pork tenderloin -- I barely managed to eat it all and probably shouldn't have done -- but it was also tender and done-just-right. Most places where I've had souvlaki use a much cheaper cut and then it comes out tough and chewy. They have the most delicious roast red skin potatoes, which I love, and also a decent assortment of grilled vegetables. Dinners include soup or salad, and the house salad is fresh and a decent size, with dressing on the side. Fresh bread is nice, but just ordinary.

Many dishes on the menu are baked in the oven and topped with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, so if you like that combination you will have lots of choices. Otherwise, choice may be a bit limited. The wine selection is also limited, but well-chosen.

As others have noted, the parking lot is VERY cramped and any large vehicle will have trouble getting into a spot.

We'll be back!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kenny0654
Barrie, Canada
“We won't be back”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We used to really like it here, but the last time I was there (for lunch) the food was poor. Further to this, when I went into the restroom there was what looked like rodent droppings on the floor.....the gross out factor ended our meal for us. We won't be back.

Visited January 2012