“Not pretty, but fantastic food.”

Tiffins Curry in a Hurry
Ranked #59 of 509 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center
Description: Serving homestyle authentic east Indian cuisine. All the entrees are served mild (unless asked for Mild-medium, Medium or Hot)Gluten free entree's & bread, and also accomodate Vegans.
Penetanguishene, Canada
“Not pretty, but fantastic food.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stopped in here during a visit to Barrie, saw it highly ranked on T.A. We had second thoughts as we walked in, it seems very small, very plain interior, no pretensions here. Just a few paper napkins on the table top. We were seated promptly by a very friendly person who took drink orders. Then shortly after the owner came out to take our food order. She offered advice as we are not familiar with Indian cuisine. Vegetable samosas to start, two dishes that I can not remember and so much rice we told the server to take one away not wanting to waste food. The rice was perfect, not at all sticky and had nice flavour. It was a lovely meal, spiced just right for Canadian tastes. And when done, the owner came and spoke to us again. Told of how the restaurant got started, how proud they are to be ranked # 1 in Barrie two years in a row. Yes, some owners do read these reviews and take note of them. She suggested home made popsicles that seemed to be frozen yogurt texture and they were just great. When I asked for a coffee, she politely suggested that might not be a good idea with spicy Indian meal. And I appreciated that comment. Summing up, it ain't pretty but I can see why it is ranked # 1.

Meaford
“fantastic Indian food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I visted Tiffins for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised. I did not think it was possible to find good and affordable Indian food so far north of Toronto! I had the Beef Vindaloo and it was amazing. The Pakoras were great as well. I will have to make this a regular stop when I am in Barrie.

1 Thank elaine g
Muskoka District, Canada
“Non-Greasy! What a Treat”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having been to the other East Indian restaurants in Barrie and Orillia this was the only one grease free. It was wonderful. Travelled down from Huntsville based on Tripadvisor recommendation. Date with the hubby. Casual environment. Great prices. Great Food. I was thrilled the tripadvisor recommendations were accurate. PS The naan was hot out of the oven. Service was quick and very friendly.

2 Thank MuskokaRed
Somerset, New Jersey
“A Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Visiting Barrie from NJ and loved this place!! Great for a romantic night or with friends-- The restaurant has a relaxing casual atmosphere. The host Goldie really tried to make sure you were comfortable. My bf and I decided to try this place out after reading some reviews on tripadvisor and were glad we did. We had the veggie samosas which were better than any other samosas I've ever tasted. Loved the chicken kaali mirch so much that we came back the next day for lunch! The portion is very large so the next day, my bf and I shared the meal with some samosas on the side and it was enough for us to be both full.

The place doesn't stick out too much and at first we kept missing it while cruising by so just know that its right next to TIm Hortons (which you wont miss) on Dunlop St. You should try this place out at least once!!!! :)

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank EternityMoment7
Barrie, Canada
“Good Value”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Tiffins has a large selection of dishes and when you order take out the containers are bursting full. Lots of veggies in the dishes and depending on your heat tolerance, medium is good and spicy!!!

• Visited January 2013