$82
Super 8 by Wyndham Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$61
Best Western Plus Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$75
Four Points By Sheraton Barrie(Barrie)(Great Value!)
$91
$84
$64
$83
$82
$74
$126
Barrie Motel(Barrie)
All reviewsking suitepizza place next doornewer propertymarriott profilewafflesfront deskpool and hot tubgrab barsgreat complimentary breakfastaccessible roomcomfortable hotelawesome hotelquiet roomsized bedfree weightsin great shapefamily stay
Reviewed August 12, 2017

We spent one night her mainly because I'm collecting Marriott points and the reviews were good. It has been renovated however they had a leak in the roof of the lobby with a pail catching the drips. The first room we were placed in was next o the laundry, elevator and lobby's where the breakfast room is located. I immediately asked for a different room as I could hear the thump thump thump of the dryers in the laundry. It was not a problem and we were assigned another room on the second floor. The carpet next to the bed by the window and air conditioner was soaking wet. It was a renovated room and although smallish it was clean so since it was late and we couldn't be bothered asking for another room, I just avoided getting out of bed on the side where the floor was wet.
Pool wasn't open due to cleaning but we wouldn't have used it anyway.
Breakfast was the usual. Plentiful and a good start to the day.
Would stay here again but I hope they get their leaks worked out.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank NorOnt
Management response:Responded August 14, 2017

NorOnt,

Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

We have repaired the unfortunate leakage in the lobby as well the third room which you were assigned to.

I would be pleased to disccuss your stay further and can be reached at dikran@dass.ca.

Wishing you all the very best.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We checked in this afternoon to both of our reserved rooms. Both rooms were very small so we asked to be moved and the front desk staff were very accommodating. We were moved from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor to another set of joining rooms. Well the happiness was short lived. The one room has no working power outlet in the bathroom. Apparently the maintenance man is not available today and booked solid for tomorrow. We then discovered the handicap door opener latch to open the door is broken, lucky we aren't in wheelchairs. The door also has no latch to lock the door from the inside it has been removed. The Tv would also not work we had to ask the front desk worker to come in to reset it. The other room had a plugged toilet and the front desk staff once again had to come up, this time to plunge the toilet. We were then told the toilet is just slow to flush?? WTF!!
We booked 2 rooms both for 4 nights....unfortunately everything else is booked up or we would be moving elsewhere....
We stayed here last year for Boots and Hearts and had a great experience, not sure what happened since that time....

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank jendaniels
Reviewed August 3, 2017

Hotel overbooked and did not honour reservation – missed our event

Booked this hotel approximately 1 month in advance for a one night stay for 3 adults and 1 child for a Saturday night. We had an event in the area we were attending. The reservation was confirmed and full payment was made. 2 days before the stay we received an email message that the hotel had overbooked and would not be honouring the reservation. Since the notification came 2 days before our stay we were unable to find alternate accommodations and missed our event. Very disappointing!!! I have higher expectations of Marriott properties. As a Marriott points member you would expect that a hotel in this chain would honour reservations and not engage in shady overbooking practises. Complaints will be lodged with TICO, Marriott hotels and the property directly but I don’t anticipate any follow through. Be warned if you make a reservation with this property you may be scrambling at the last minute or like us miss your event entirely!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank familyfunOntario
Management response:Responded August 4, 2017

Dear familyfunOntario,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We encountered an unexpected maintanance issue at the property.

Kindly contact me at your convenience at dikran.innkeepers@gmail.com as I would like to further discuss your particular situation.

Yours truly,

Reviewed August 2, 2017

This is a fairly new hotel, but it is already showing wear and tear because of the staff's inattention to maintenance. I cannot list everything that was wrong, but some of the highlights:

*Public Areas are not cleaned regularly. The rooms were very clean - the housekeepers did an excellent job, every day - but the elevator and lobby were not cleaned daily. The floors, especially, looked awful.

*No onsite maintenance. The elevator failed after my son, the wheelchair user, was already on the second floor. They promised to have the elevator fixed *the next day*; I guess they thought it was OK for him to be trapped up there. The did get someone out the same day after I raised hell about it.

*Toilet was not bolted to the floor. I asked them to fix it, but they moved us to another room, instead. They put other people in that room the same afternoon. Since it was a handicapped-accessible room, this was a dangerous situation; someone transferring from a wheelchair needs the toilet to be stable.

I could go on and on. It's sad, because it still has the sign outside proclaiming the new hotel, but the place is falling apart for lack of care. If you need an accessible room, look elsewhere. They do have accessible rooms, but maintenance problems make them dangerous for disabled guests.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Management response:Responded August 3, 2017

Dear Dianne A,

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Your comments are very concerning to me and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I will be sure to discuss your experience with my team to avoid incidents as such from reoccuring.

If you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me at dikran@dass.ca

Yours truly,

Reviewed August 2, 2017

Spent a night here for business. Hotel is newly renovated. Comfy beds, clean and organized rooms. Usual Marriott buffet breakfast in the morning. Staff extremely accommodating for late checkout. Lots of free parking on site.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank CollinsA14
Management response:Responded August 3, 2017

Dear CollinsA14,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I will be sure to share with all of our associates.

Wishing you all the very best and we hope to see you again soon.