Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Fairfield Inn
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
Hotels.com
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 2, 2017

This was my first stay at a Fairfield Inn, although I have stayed in other Marriott properties. I noticed the room was a little smaller than what I was used to, but the bed was comfortable and the property looked fairly new. I missed the lack of cooking facilities which the Residence Inns have but there was a coffee maker, small fridge and microwave which helped. I didn't partake of the breakfast, preferring my own gluten-free oatmeal and other items, (a bit tricky at times if one is vegan).
I stayed here for several nights on and off over two weeks in January. When I came back I was instantly recognised and warmly welcome by one of the front-desk asssitants. The staff were overall just very natural and friendly; they made me feel at home. I was travelling alone and had some difficult personal business to deal with in Barrie, so I appreciated the friendly staff who went out of their way to help me. The best part was their attitude toward my service dog: I know that this hotel does not accept pets, but because of Marriott's excellent policy for service dogs, they welcome them regardless. Ironically, out of the several pet-friendly other Marriott hotels, this one did not give me a hard time about the dog, and I can't tell you what a relief that was, after dealing with so many other Marriott staff who had no idea how to deal with a guest with a service dog! Kudos to this Marriott for their professionalism, well-trained and friendly staff!

Room tip: Avoid weekends where they could be sports' teams like the noisy hockey group I encountered (well handled by staff btw).
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank MelvaOntario_Canada
Management response:Responded February 3, 2017

Dear MelvaOntario_Canada,

You were awesome as well!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with all of our on line community.

All of our team members here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Barrie take pride in providing all of our guests with world class service.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Wishing you all the very best!

Reviewed January 31, 2017

The Fairfield Inn and Suites is located just off the 400 and easy to get to. It's in the middle of Barrie with quick access to Starbucks and Shoppers Drug Mart. My first stay began with exceptionally friendly service at the front desk. Tyler was both professional and personable and made me feel welcome showing me the amenities the hotel had to offer. My room was clean, fashion forward and quite. I could hear very little outside the room and had ample space to spread out inside and enjoy the simple luxuries like HD TV, great water pressure and a bevy of lighting options. Breakfast offered a range of options include eggs, dairy, meat and fruit.

Spend a little extra and get a suite - kick back, relax and enjoy!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Steven S
Management response:Responded February 1, 2017

Dear Steven S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and please be assured that I will be passing on your kind remarks to Tyler one of our guest service associates.

We look forward to be at your service again in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

We has a king suite. Room was clean and well appointed with a desk and TV area, mini fridge and microwave. Bed was comfortable. Clean well laid out modern bathroom. No restaurant on dite but there is a 24 hour coffee and tea station as well as a free breakfast bar (coffee, tea, juice, toast/English muffins, muffins, cereal, fruit and yogurt). WiFi included. Parking is free. We will stay again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Oakassauga
Management response:Responded January 29, 2017

Hello Oakassauga,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We look forward to be at your service again in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I go on 3 night getaways every six months, literally just to enjoy the hotels! And get a break from parenting! I really enjoyed this hotel! The FREE parking, the FREE HOT breakfasts, the pool and hot tub which we used a couple times a day! The hotel staff were friendly and the beds were a dream as this has been an issue for us in the past with other hotels and I was so so thankful for such lovely beds! My only 2 disappointments was there was no bath tub! I've never been to a hotel with no tub! But I'm sure that's just preference! Since it was a romantic getaway it's nice to have the option of a bathtub but the shower and bathroom was huge and really nicely renovated! The other disappointment was that breakfast is OVER at 9am! Making us get out of bed at 8:30am ON VACATION lol! Having a toddler sleeping in past 8:30 would've made this stay a 1000x's better as I haven't slept in in years lol! It's probably the main reason I wouldn't return believe it or not, even though everything else was perfect! Price was perfect! If you don't mind getting up before 8:30 then stay at this hotel! :)

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank katemon87
Management response:Responded January 28, 2017

Hello Kate M,

I was sad to read that most likely you would not be returning back to our hotel due to lack of bath tubs in our rooms and also to the mid week operating hours of our deluxe hot breakfast.

Please note that all of our rooms with two queen beds are equipped with bat tubs and on saturday and sundays our breakfast is served until 10am.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Wishing you all the very best.

Reviewed January 7, 2017

We were travelling from a distance and ended up arriving early around noon time. The front desk staff were fantastic, they were able to check us in early and had a room for us within 20 minutes. Very clean hotel, with good breakfast included with the room. Lots of free parking. It was in walking distance to numerous restaurants. We ended up walking to Mandrin Buffet for dinner. We would stay again on our next trip through Barrie.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank rogerc857
Management response:Responded January 8, 2017

Dear Roger C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review pertaining to your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you had a very pleasant experience.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.