“Wow!, Very impressed!”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 512 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Wiarton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow!, Very impressed!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I went on a Saturday night. Although I was a little drawn back by the price ($26.99) it was more than worth it in the end! There was amazing service and the food was great! Awesome selection. They are very organized. We went to celebrate my friend's birthday and we had some great laughs when he got his picture taken with the hat on. All in all, definitely a place everyone needs to try. My only suggestion is to make sure to make a reservation so you don't have to wait in the large line up! They are very great if you just call and make your reservation. They were also very accommodating when I needed to move my reservation time. I highly recommend Mandarin.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank jrydall

Barrie, Canada
“They have figured out”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Best buffet and always a great variety . They keep the buffet refreshed. We mainly go for lunch which is good value

Visited March 2013
Orillia, Canada
“Great food--good times!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went to Mandarin for daughters birthday with table of 10. Room was decent but packed in with other large tables; not alot of room to move around. Food and buffet was excellent as was ambience of restaurant...staff very friendly and lots of them to always be of assistance. Food and dessert was fresh and plentiful with tons of choices. Drinks a little pricey as was food but great time..certainly left full! Would return for sure..maybe lunch next time.

• Visited March 2013
Barrie, Canada
“SAD”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have gone to the Mardarin before and enjoyed but the last time we were seated, served, we ate and an hour later we were told that it was closing, the lights went dim, were told again to leave and then we heard the finalization process of a restaurant closing. It was not even 10 p.m. on Saturday night. We were almost ushered out the door. We were not the only people there either.
Not going to go back....

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Linda T
Sudbury, Canada
“Not as good as normal, but excellent staff”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm not sure if it was the time of the day, I went for lunch. But it seamed everything was overcooked and didn't look fresh. But as always the staff are so pleasant. Also the utensils weren't very clean.

• Visited March 2013